Request for consultation
Gain a sound understanding of electronically controlled diesel engines as well as maintenance and diagnostic procedures. This book uses the ASE L2 "composite" diesel engine as a platform for fostering a detailed understanding of current truck engine management systems including electronic unit injector (EUI), hydraulically actuated electronic unit injector (HEUI), electronic unit pump (EUP), time-pressure injection (HPI-TP), computer-controlled pump-line-nozzle (PLN), and diesel common rail (CR) fuel management systems. Coverage is comprehensive in scope, addressing vehicle management computers, electronic service tools (ESTs), connector and wiring repair, and the principles of multiplexing, as well as each major system of the various fuel management systems used on today's diesel powered trucks.
- Provides an up-to-date introduction to current medium and heavy-duty truck engine management systems as required by the specialty ASE L2 certification test
- State-of-the-art content features information on emission controls and current field testing of emissions
- Exceeds ASE L2 task objectives with user-friendly chapters on all of the major diesel engine OEM diesel engine management systems
- Develops an understanding of useful troubleshooting procedures used to diagnose electronic diesel engines
- To help put classroom theory into shop practice, each MDT Series title will be offered with a companion Job Sheets manual. The Job Sheets have been thoughtfully designed by experienced instructors to assist users in gaining job preparedness skills and mastering specific technical competencies required for success as a professional diesel technician. While designed to support the MDT Series, the manuals are also useful on their own, or with any comprehensive or area-specific diesel technology text. The manuals reference the NATEF Task List and consist of a set of Job Sheets for each of the following areas: Electrical/Electronic Systems; Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning Brakes; Suspension and Steering; HydraulicsDiesel Engines; Drive Train Preventative Maintenance Inspection
2. Engine Management Computers.
3. Electronic Service Tools
4. Wiring, Connector and Terminal Repair (connector assembly)
6. Medium/Heavy Composite Engine (this is an ASE L2 term - objective here is to understand what a composite engine is so ASE questions can be accurately interpreted.)
7. Electronic Unit Injector (EUI) Systems
8. Common Rail Systems
9. Pump-Line-Nozzle (PLN) Integral Fuel Pump systems.
10. Electronic Unit Pump (EUP) systems.
11. Hydraulically-actuated, electronically controlled, unit injection systems (HEUI)
12. Time-Pressure (HPI-TP) Common Rail systems
13. Emission controls and testing diesel engines
14. Electronic Diesel Engine Controls Diagnosis (L2 task list Item B)
15. Diesel Engine Air Induction and Exhaust Diagnosis (L2 task list Item C)
16.Diesel Fuel Systems Diagnosis. (L2 task list Item D)