Request for consultation
Now you can pair fundamental programming concepts with both business applications and fun, engaging game applications when you use the fully revised 6th Edition of MICROSOFT® VISUAL BASIC® 2015: RELOADED. This dynamic book provides a solid foundation in programming principles while clearly demonstrating how to most effectively use those principles. The book begins by covering the basics, from creating user interfaces to understanding variables, constants, and calculations. Building on this knowledge, coverage progresses to more advanced topics, such as manipulating and querying a Microsoft® Access database, creating Web applications, and creating classes and objects. This new edition leverages the powerful pedagogy of previous editions while bringing content up-to-date with detailed explanations of the latest features in Visual Basic® 2015. New examples and applications clearly illustrate how those features are put to work.
- NEW EXAMPLES, APPLICATIONS, AND EXERCISES REINFORCE KEY PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS. Each chapter features fresh, new examples that highlight the latest developments as well as applications and exercises that reinforce key programming concepts and demonstrate how these concepts apply using Visual Basic® 2015.
- NEW AUTHOR-CREATED VIDEOS CLARIFY KEY CONCEPTS. Engaging, brief videos, created by the author specifically for this edition, clearly and succinctly present key concepts for visual and auditory learners.
- CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS ENABLE STUDENTS TO QUICKLY BEGIN USING VISUAL STUDIO. This edition provides easy-to-follow directions for starting and configuring both Visual Studio Community 2015 and Visual Studio Ultimate 2015 on either a Windows® 10 and Windows® 8 system.
- UPDATED ILLUSTRATIONS REFLECT THE ACTUAL VISUAL STUDIO COMMUNITY 2015 SCREEN. To eliminate any confusion, the latest figures and screen captures throughout this edition accurately portray exactly how the screen will look if students are using Visual Studio Community 2015, which is available at no cost, and a Windows® 10 system.
- VARIETY OF LEARNING FEATURES ADDRESS THREE DISTINCT LEARNING STYLES. Each chapter contains elements designed specifically to meet the learning needs of each of the three distinct learning styles. Video tutorials reach visual and auditory learners, while "Try It!" files offer learning opportunities designed for kinesthetic learners.
- TWO PROGRAMMING TUTORIALS PROVIDE STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS. These useful programming tutorials at the end of each chapter engage and motivate students as they provide step-by-step instructions for applying chapter concepts to business and game applications.
- "HOW-TO" BOXES HIGHLIGHT IMPORTANT CONCEPTS. These special boxes draw attention to key concepts while emphasizing how those concepts are most effectively applied.
- MINI-QUIZZES TEST STUDENT KNOWLEDGE. Strategically placed within each chapter, these Mini-Quizzes check students’ comprehension at key points in the book’s presentation. Answers to the questions are provided in Appendix A.
- EXERCISES AND PROJECTS MAP TO LEARNING OBJECTIVES TO MORE ACCURATELY EVALUATE STUDENT COMPRHENSION. This edition’s Review Questions, Exercises, and Case Projects are now mapped directly to each chapter's Learning Objectives in order to improve assessment of student progress.
- FULL APPLICATIONS EMPHASIZE CODING WITHIN ACTUAL CONTEXT FOR STUDENTS. The full applications for this edition include both the user interface and all code to teach students coding principles in the context of the larger application.
1. An Introduction to Visual Basic 2015.
2. Creating a User Interface.
3. Memory Locations and Calculations.
4. Making Decisions in a Program.
5. More on the Selection Structure.
6. Repeating Program Instructions.
7. More on the Repetition Structure.
8. Sub and Function Procedures.
10. String Manipulation and Menus.
11. Structures and Sequential Files.
12. Access Databases and LINQ.
13. Creating Simple Web Applications.
14. Creating Classes and Objects.
Appendix A: Answers to Mini-Quizzes.
Appendix B: How to Boxes.
Appendix C: Most Commonly Used Properties of Objects.
Appendix D: Visual Basic Conversion Functions.
Appendix E: Finding and Fixing Program Errors.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Discover everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available with password protection. Access and download the Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint® Slides, and other time-saving tools to guide today's learners.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.