Request for consultation
MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC 2010: COMPLETE teaches students the essentials of computer programming using the latest Visual Basic programming language, Visual Basic 2010. Nine chapters and four appendices cover topics such as designing a Visual Basic user interface, creating a windows application, variables and arithmetic operations, mobile applications using decision structures, loop structures, Visual Studio tools for Office applications, and function procedures and exception handling. Written in a straight-forward style with the innovative Guided Program Development section in each chapter, this text makes it easy for any novice programmer to understand the core capabilities and fundamental skills and techniques for Visual Basic 2010.
- Appendix on the topic of Silverlight – a brand new feature in Visual Basic 2010.
- updated user interface.
- New screen shots.
- Syntax updates.
- Introduces students from any discipline to computer programming and code, with an emphasis on producing well-written and readable programs, using Visual Basic 2010 software.
- Illustrates each step in the chapter project with the Online Reinforcement videos on the Online Companion. Encourages students to work independently, while verifying accuracy, using the Guided Program Development section.
- Provides insight into real world applications and use of tools by developers with In the Real World boxes. Heads-Up boxes indicate areas of interest and show multiple ways of completing the same task.
- Shows students potential places for errors and difficulties that can arise from using a particular command with the Watch Out For boxes.
- Offers extensive end-of-chapter exercises, including Debugging Exercises and Programming Assignments, which help students master chapter material.
2. Program and Graphical User Interface Design.
3. Program Design and Coding.
4. Variables and Arithmetic Operations.
5. Decision Structures.
6. Loop Structures.
7. Creating Web Applications.
8. Using Procedures and Exception Handling.
Enrichment Chapter: Visual Studio Tools for Office.
B. The My Namespace.
C. Naming Conventions.
D. Using LINQ with Visual Basic 2010.
E. Using Silverlight with Visual Basic 2010.