Request for consultation
With its fresh reader-friendly design, MATHEMATICS FOR ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS, 4E is more current, comprehensive, and relevant than ever before. Packed with practical exercises and examples, it equips learners with a thorough understanding of essential algebra and trigonometry for electricity and electronics technology, while helping them improve critical thinking skills. Well-illustrated information sharpens the reader's ability to think quantitatively, predict results, and troubleshoot effectively, while drill and practice sets reinforce comprehension. To ensure mastery of the latest ideas and technology, the text thoroughly explains all mathematical concepts, symbols, and formulas required by future technicians and technologists. In addition, a new homework solution offers a wealth of online resources to maximize study efforts as well as provides an online testing tool for instructors.
- Completely revised and up to date, MATHEMATICS FOR ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS, 4e is more cutting edge than ever. All explanations, examples, and problem material have been made more current and relevant to today's learners.
- The Fourth Edition includes a new homework solution that provides online pre-tests, homework, tutorials, flashcards and games for algebra and trig, and testing capabilities for instructors with auto-grading.
- The number and variety of exercises has been significantly increased in almost all chapters. Responding to reviewer feedback, enhanced calculator applications have been added, and more calculator examples are now included.
- New exercises include green efficiency problems--solar, nuclear, geothermal, and hydroelectric--to incorporate the environmental side of electronics and electricity.
- Helping ensure thorough understanding, explanations of concepts have been expanded and improved in several chapters.
- This proven, algebra-based text teaches learners to use and adapt formulas while also equipping them with the critical thinking skills necessary to understand, analyze, and solve mathematical problems.
- Practical problems in the non-electronics chapters encourage learning by applying key concepts to everyday situations readers can relate to--such as cars, salaries, sales prices, grades, sports, and more.
- Putting theory into practice, "Close to the Circuit" examples show readers step-by-step how to apply mathematical concepts to an electricity or electronics problem. "Error Boxes" point out common mistakes and stress the correct approach to the solution.
- Integrating numerous applications throughout every chapter, MATHEMATICS FOR ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS, 4e makes an excellent core text or supplement to a foundation electronics textbook.
1. Basic Arithmetic.
2. Decimals and Percentages.
3. Powers and Roots.
4. Systems of Measurement.
5. Basic Algebra.
6. Linear Equations.
7. Basics of DC Circuits.
8. Multiplying and Factoring Polynomials.
9. Algebraic Fractions.
10. Formulas and Problem Solving.
11. Series and Parallel DC Circuits.
13. Linear Systems.
14. Network Analysis.
15. Network Theorems.
16. Trigonometry of the Right Triangle.
17. Trigonometry of the Circle.
18. Alternating Current.
19. Trigonometry of Vectors.
20. Complex Numbers and Phasors.
21. Series AC Circuits.
22. Parallel AC Circuits.
23. Exponents and Logarithms.
24. Applications of Logarithms.
25. Computer Number Systems.
26. Boolean Algebra.
APPENDIX A: Calculator Functions.
APPENDIX B: Notation and Formulas.
APPENDIX C: Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources include PowerPoint® presentations for each core textbook chapter, a customizable computerized test bank, and the Instructor's Solutions Manual in PDF format.
CoursMate with eBook Instant Access Code
CoursMate with eBook Instant Access Code
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.