Request for consultation
Managing for the Future is an innovative approach to teaching organizational behavior based on the course at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The text first presents the new organization, examining it through strategic, political, and cultural lenses. Then the role and impact of teams and central issues facing the organization itself are explored. The last section of the text focuses on skills--the goal being not only to present the new organization but also illustrate how students can become better actors within it. Each of the 14 modules provides many instructional options through cases, readings, exercises and projects. Managing for the Future's modular format allows for even greater flexibility, allowing instructors to select only the topics they need to suit their course needs. Managing for the Future's flexible design and its' experiential-based approach make the text and appealing choice for today's MBA students.
1. The "New" Organization: Taking Action in an Era of Organizational Transformation.
2. Three Lenses on Organizational Analysis and Action.
3. Making Teams Work.
4. Diverse Cognitive Styles in Teams.
5. Team Processes.
6. Teams in Organizations.
7. Workforce Management: Employment Relationships in Changing Organizations.
8. Managing Change in Organizations.
9. Organizational Actions in Complex Environments.
10. Learning Across Borders: Disneyland on the Move.
11. Managing Cultural Diversity.
12. Negotiation and Conflict Resolutions.
13. Change From Within: Roads to Successful Issue Selling.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
PowerPoint® Presentation Slides