Request for consultation
The goal of MANAGEMENT: AN INTEGRATED APPROACH, 2nd Edition, is to prepare students for leadership positions in 21st century companies by addressing the many facets involved in answering one key question: How are leaders successfully managing competitive companies in the 21st century? Today's constantly changing business environment presents challenges and opportunities that are more dynamic and complex than ever before, requiring a clear understanding of the interactive nature of strategy, organizational design, and leadership. MANAGEMENT: AN INTEGRATED APPROACH, written by prominent Harvard management educators Ranjay Gulati, Anthony Mayo, and Nitin Nohria, is the only introductory management text on the market to address this challenge by taking an integrated and holistic approach to management, as opposed to a functional approach, making it more relevant to how today's organizations run. By demonstrating the interconnectivity among the three key pillars of management, students see how decisions impact strategic choices, organizational alignment, and leadership approaches, ultimately leading to the overall performance of the company. MindTap® for Gulati/Mayo/Nohria's MANAGEMENT: AN INTEGRATED APPROACH, has been completely revised and updated to incorporate a suite of new digital resources designed to facilitate and measure student success. This unique approach will develop a sustainable and successful leadership style, better preparing students for higher level courses and making them more marketable upon graduation.
- The MindTap® Learning Path has been completely revised and updated to incorporate a suite of new digital resources designed to facilitate and measure student success, built using Bloom's taxonomy and structured around the framework of Engage/Connect/Perform/Lead.
- Experiential Exercises help students "Think and Act like managers." Students have the opportunity to collaborate online, apply course concepts, and create solutions to realistic management problems.
- New examples, updated statistics, and revised figures have been included in each chapter.
- Write Experience allows you to help students write effectively without adding to your workload! Write Experience uses artificial intelligence to score student writing instantly and accurately. It also provides students with detailed revision goals and feedback on their writing, to help them improve written communication and critical thinking skills. www.cengage.com/writeexperience.
- MANAGEMENT addresses the interconnectivity of three key pillars: Strategic Position, Organizational Design & Structure, and Individual Leadership, taking a more dynamic and integrated approach rather than a linear one.
- A Self-Reflection starts each chapter, giving students a reality check that will help them place themselves in the context of the chapter.
- The Leadership Development Journey is a comprehensive skills-based activity that allows students to develop who they are and who they will be as managers. This feature translates the theory into action -- the "what" into "how."
- A Different View helps define the gray areas within the business landscape, providing the students a glimpse of how the chapter concepts translate into a real-world context by addressing such diverse issues as reducing carbon footprint, leading a "Small Giant", leading in a globalized world, democratic workplaces, managing positive office politics, motivation in the 21st century, and nonprofit networking.
- MindTap® Management is a new personal learning experience that combines all your digital assets –- readings, multimedia, activities, and assessments -- into a singular learning path to improve student outcomes. MindTap® offers complimentary web-apps known as MindApps. MindApps range from ReadSpeaker (which reads the text out loud to students), to Kaltura (allowing you to insert your own video and audio into your curriculum), to ConnectYard (allowing you to create digital "yards" through social media -– all without "friending" your students). Aplia is an app within MindTap® as well. www.cengage.com/mindtap.
- Using the adaptive study center, powered by Knewton, students can focus on the most important concepts they need to learn at that moment, as well as more effectively prepare for exams.
1. Introduction to Management.
2. The Global Business Environment.
3. Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Part II: STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVE.
4. Introduction to Strategy.
5. Business-Level Strategy.
6. Corporate-Level Strategy.
Part III: ORGANIZATIONAL PERSPECTIVE.
7. Organizational Structure and Design.
8. Organizational Culture.
9. Managing Human Capital.
10. Performance Management.
11. Organizational Change.
Part IV: INDIVIDUAL PERSPECTIVE.
12. Leadership in Organizations.
13. Becoming a Leader: Knowing Yourself.
14. Power and Influence.
16. Conflict & Negotiation.
17. Leading Teams.
"Principles of Management is a difficult course to teach because the topics covered are so broad and varied. It is hard for students and instructors to find a common theme that unifies the course. Starting with strategy and moving on to organizational design and leadership helps establish common threads throughout the course, which helps students master the content."
"This is the best Management book I've used over 35 years!"
"This text book provides the instructor with a structured approach to the study of management that is unlike other text books…It is one of the most comprehensive textbooks on the subject of management in existence."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The instructor companion website provides ongoing support for your course. Receive instant access to the Instructor's Manual, Test Bank, and PowerPoint lecture slides as well as other valuable teaching aids like the Video Discussion Guide.
DVD Reel to Real Videos
Featuring the new "On the Job" video series, these clips provide behind-the-scenes insight into today's management issues. These engaging videos take viewers into the inner workings of innovative organizations, including Camp Bow Wow, Theo Chocolates, and Barcelona Restaurants.
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero®, Instant Access for Gulati/Mayo/Nohria's Management: An Integrated Approach
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.