Request for consultation
MAJOR PRINCIPLES OF MEDIA LAW is a comprehensive and current summary of media law. The text is revised every year to include the most recent developments in communication law through the end of the Supreme Court's term. Each August, a new edition is available for fall classes, with recent developments through July 1st fully integrated into the text (as opposed to being added as an appendix or separate supplement).
- Widely praised for its clarity and conciseness, MAJOR PRINCIPLES OF MEDIA LAW has been refined through 24 editions and has been reviewed by more than 60 law scholars to assure that it presents accurate summaries of complex legal concepts.
- This text is revised and published annually, and the 2014 edition includes the most up-to-date developments in communication law through the end of the Supreme Court's term in 2013. These developments in communication law are fully integrated into the text, as opposed to being added as an appendix or separate supplement.
- The text features comprehensive coverage of topics critical to the study of media law, with both current and historical cases in each chapter that illustrate the concepts and laws being discussed.
- An easy-to-read table at the beginning of the text allows instructors and students to easily reference and locate specific cases by name and page number.
- The author maintains a website which houses Law Updates, links to additional media law resources, and more. http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/woverbeck/.
Table of Cases.
1. The American Legal System.
2. The Legacy of Freedom.
3. Modern Prior Restraints.
4. Libel and Slander.
5. The Right of Privacy.
6. Copyrights and Trademarks.
7. Fair Trial-Free Press Conflicts.
8. Newsgatherer's Privilege.
9. Freedom of Information.
10. Obscenity and the Law.
11. Regulation of Electronic Media.
12. Media Ownership Issues.
13. Advertising and the Law.
14. Freedom of the Student Press.
Selected Excerpts from the Law.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Test Bank with Instructor's Manual
The online Instructor's Manual with Test Bank provides instructors with chapter-level questions prepared by the author.