Request for consultation
The healthcare industry is growing at a rapid pace and undergoing some of its most significant changes as the use of electronic health records increase. Designed for technologists or medical practitioners seeking to gain entry into the field of healthcare information systems, INTRODUCTION TO HEALHCARE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY teaches the fundamentals of healthcare IT (HIT) by using the CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician (HIT-001) exam objectives as the framework. It takes an in-depth and comprehensive view of HIT by examining healthcare regulatory requirements, the functions of a healthcare organization and its medical business operations in addition to IT hardware, software, networking, and security. INTRODUCTION TO HEALHCARE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY is a valuable resource for those who want to learn about HIT and who desire to enter this growing field by providing the foundation that will help prepare for the CompTIA HIT certificate exam.
- Maps fully to CompTIA's HIT Certificate Exam (HIT-001) and helps learners to prepare for the certificate exam.
- Addresses the needs of technologists with little or no healthcare experience, while also addressing the needs of the healthcare professional with little or no technology experience.
- Extensive learning tools, including Review Questions, Case Projects, Chapter Summaries, Key Terms, and Healthcare IT Acronyms allow students to review concepts and to practice skills as they are learned.
- Healthcare IT: Challenges and Opportunities open and close each chapter with a vignette of a healthcare practice that helps introduce and apply material covered in that chapter.
- Free online CertBlaster test preparation software to help learners practice for exam day.
2. Healthcare Organization and Operations.
3. Desktop IT Operations.
4. Network IT Operations.
5. Medical Business Operations.
6. Document Imaging and Problem Solving.
7. Basic Healthcare Security.
8. Advanced Healthcare Security.
Appendix A. CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician Certificate Exam Objectives.
Appendix B. Healthcare Information Technology Web Sites.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources commonly includes PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.