Request for consultation
The global business environment is rapidly changing due to shifts in geopolitical alliances, active support of international institutions in promoting market-oriented economic reforms, and advances in the development and use of information technology. INTRODUCTION TO GLOBAL BUSINESS, 2e addresses these challenges by providing a comprehensive analysis of the global business environment and lays the foundation for the functional tools used to better prepare students for a global business landscape. The text flows smoothly and clearly from concept to application, asking your students to apply their learning to real-world personal and professional applications. The specialized author team introduces globalization through unparalleled scholarship and a world-view presentation of the fundamental pillars of the global business environment -- culture, ethics, economics, and information technology. Ensure that your students understand the procedures and concepts they need to know with MindTap® for INTRODUCTION TO GLOBAL BUSINESS. MindTapTM, an online course management and learning system, combines the best of current technology to save time in planning and managing your course and assignments.
- This edition includes MindTap®, an online course management and learning system that combines the best of current technology to save time in planning and managing your course and assignments. Course-level Global Competency Pre- and Post-tests measure student understanding of global concepts.
- MindTap also includes homework questions that utilize maps, cases, and videos.
- Point-CounterPoint: Honing in on the necessary critical-thinking skills to make intelligent and ethical business decisions, the point-counterpoint provides insight into the varying perspectives of a controversial business issue and asks students to make a choice and support their decision.
- Interpreting Global Business News: Understanding the world around you is a critical element to success in global business. This feature guides student through the (sometimes complicated) nuances of what is happening in global business news.
- Portfolio Projects: Explore Your Own Case in Point and Develop an International Strategy for a major stock market-listed company. This project will provide students an opportunity to research and discover more about a global organization they are curious about. Through guided answers at the end of each chapter, students will essentially develop their own case surrounding one institution. This comprehensive project is meant to be developed over the course of the semester.
- Develop an International Strategy for Your Own Small Business: Taking an entrepreneurial approach, this feature guides students through developing a strategic business plan for their small business to compete globally. By the end of the semester, they should have something concrete to take out into the business world.
- Pre and Post Course Global Awareness Assessment. A pre and post course assessment is provided in MindTap which provide students feedback on their understanding of global cultural, economic, geographic, political and legal, awareness and knowledge. It also provides faculty with an insight into the knowledge of these areas prior to the first class. The post course assessment provides similar feedback and can be used by schools as a data point for measuring global competency of their students and be used for assurance of learning purposes.
- InfoTrac® Student Collections are specialized databases expertly drawn from the Gale Academic One library. Each InfoTrac® Student Collection enhances the student learning experience in the specific course area related to the product. These specialized databases allow access to hundreds of scholarly and popular publications -- all reliable sources -- including journals, encyclopedias, and academic reports. Learn more and access at: http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Cultural Perspectives: Each chapter opens with a cultural perspective vignette highlighting a different global culture and how that culture affects the global business landscape.
- Learning Objectives: Marginal Learning Objectives emphasize key points for student comprehension.
- Reality Checks: Tied to Learning Objectives, the Reality Checks project academic concepts into a real-world context by asking students to consider the implications and benefits that specific global business fundamentals have had in their lives, in their larger community, or in the global business climate as a whole. As a marginal benefit, the Reality Checks also denote the completion of a learning objective section -- creating clear, concise learning modules within each chapter.
- Economic Perspectives: With the valuable interconnectedness of the global economy, the economic perspectives boxed feature delves deeper into the critical understanding of economic issues facing tomorrow's business leaders.
- Ethical Perspectives: As seen in recent years and as we broaden our global scope in business, ethical decision-making can help create sustainable business practices across the globe. Because ethics varies from country to country, the ethical perspectives boxed feature helps students get a handle on the diverse business environment on which they are about to embark.
- Mini-cases: Mini-cases highlight specific companies to help bring the chapter concepts alive.
1. The Rise of Globalization.
2. The Evolution of International Business.
3. Regional Economic Integration.
4. The International Flow of Funds and Exchange Rates.
Part II: GLOBAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT.
5. The Cultural Environment of Global Business.
6. The Legal, Economic and Political Environment of Global Business.
7. Corruption and Ethics in Global Business.
Part III: GLOBAL BUSINESS STRATEGY AND ORGANIZATION.
8. Entry Strategies in Global Business.
9. Control of Global Business.
10. The Organization of Global Business.
Part IV: MANAGING GLOBAL BUSINESS.
11. Global Human Resource Management.
12. Global Marketing.
13. Global Operations and Supply-Chain Management.
14. Global Financial Management.
15. Global Accounting and Taxation.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
The video compilation includes footage that will bring the global business landscape to life. Featured are issues such as international trade, the rise of BRIC as economic giants, Sriracha Hot Sauce, the Cuban economy, Mercosur, outsourcing and expat living, and corporate global expansion. The DVD will be accompanied by a guide with open-ended discussion questions, as well as online media questions that can be easily assigned as homework and will appear in MindTap.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.