Request for consultation
Get ready to learn about today's digital world with Essential Introduction to Computers. This concise text provides a visually-engaging introduction to the most current information on computers and technology. Students will gain an understanding of the essential computer concepts they need to know to help them be successful in today's computing world.
- The perfect addition to any course where basic computer concepts are covered in the first few lectures.
- Provides students with an understanding of the components of a computer as well as covering computer concepts.
- Completely updated for currency, ensuring your students will be introduced to the latest computer developments.
- New Case Studies at the end of the chapter require critical thinking and reinforce the concepts learned.
2. What Is a Computer?
3. What Does a Computer Do?
4. Why Is a Computer so Powerful?
5. How Does a Computer Know What to Do?
6. What Are the Components of a Computer?
7. Input Devices.
8. System Unit.
9. Output Devices.
10. Storage Devices.
11. Communications Devices.
12. Computer Software.
13. Networks and the Internet.
14. How to Purchase a Personal Computer.
15. How to Purchase a Desktop Computer.
16. How to Purchase a Notebook Computer.
17. How to Purchase a Tablet PC.
18. How to Purchase a Personal Mobile Device.