Request for consultation
INTERNATIONAL MARKETING, 10th Edition is a completely up-to-date text for one of the most dynamic upper-level and graduate courses in marketing departments today. It offers the entire range of international marketing topics beginning with start-up operations, continuing with new market entry considerations, and concluding with the international issues confronting giant global marketers. The text is designed for the undergraduate student with prior exposure to the marketing field. Because of its in-depth coverage, it also presents an excellent challenge for graduate instruction and executive education.
- New Parsimony of Structure: Significantly reduced the number of "traditional chapters," combining the discussion of small- and medium-sized firms and multinational corporations into one chapter. The result is a more coherent approach to international marketing, with the streamlining resulting in shorter reading requirements.
- New Color and Design: The 10th Edition is now in four colors, which further enhances the readability of the text and enhances students' understanding of the key concepts, especially in the exhibits and maps.
- New Chapters: A series of new chapters in the 10th Edition produces in-depth analysis covering new marketing directions and challenges, most of which are unique to the field or are emerging topics. NEW Chapter 6 focuses on the global consumer, with emphasis on business-to-business, and government-based marketing. NEW Chapter 16 on Social Networks and Communication focuses on the issues of internationalization of networking and prepares students for the reality of web-based communication. NEW Chapter 17 on Leadership, Ethical Responsibility, and Sustainability allows readers to take into account the key drivers of conservation, and coping with scarce resources.
- Highly revised: Strengthened Chapter 8 on research, now titled "Analyzing People and Markets," reflecting the sensitivity needed to carry out good research internationally. Chapter 18 on new directions and challenges in International Marketing has been significantly reworked, helping students align their interests, research, and activities with the needs and developments of the markets. Also newly revised is the appendix covering how to find one's calling in Global Markets.
- New Topics: The 10th Edition addresses new controversies such as corruption, volatility, and the need for a reduction in product and brand complexity. The authors also cover their newly developed concept of "curative marketing," which analyzes how marketing can shape its context, and how it needs to remedy the problems international marketing issues and approaches have caused.
- Video Cases: Video cases are located within the case section and are available on DVD for instructors. These cases further illustrate chapter topics and have been expanded from previous editions.
- Recommended Readings: Found at the end of each chapter, the authors have provided additional recommended reading to be assigned in class, or to be utilized as an additional resource.
- Internet Exercises: Included at the end of each chapter, Internet exercises give readers online experience at the international and global issues that arise in marketing.
- E-Commerce and Technology: The impact of technology and e-commerce on marketing communications, channels, logistics, and research is thoroughly integrated throughout the text.
- Culture and Government: The text emphasizes on culture and how it affects business decisions in marketing, while also emphasizing policy issues to accurately portray the increase in governments' role in international marketing.
- Figures and Tables: The chapter content, tables, figures, maps, and examples have been thoroughly updated in this new edition to reflect the changes happening in the world around us.
- Focus on the Physical Environment and Geography: Updated maps provide context in terms of social and economic data, including electronic maps. An appendix directly addresses the relationship between geography and international marketing.
- New Cases: Each Part section is followed by 4 cases, with 2 additional cases online. Presented on a variety of topics, these cases present students with real business situations. All cases address the activities of actual or former companies and cover a broad geographic spectrum.
1: Global Environmental Drivers.
2: International Trade Frameworks and Policy.
3: The Role of Culture.
4: The Economic Environment.
5: The Political and Legal Environment.
Part II: FINDING GLOBAL CUSTOMERS.
6: Consumer, Industrial, and Government Markets.
7: Strategic Planning.
8: Analyzing People and Markets.
9: Market Entry and Expansion.
10: Marketing Organization, Implementation, and Control.
Part III: THE GLOBAL MARKETING MIX.
11: Product Management and Global Brands.
12: Global Marketing of Services.
13: Advertising, Promotion, and Sales.
14: Pricing Strategies and Tactics.
15: Global Distribution and Logistics.
Pare IV: LEADERSHIP IN GLOBAL MARKETING.
16: Social Networks and Communication.
17: Leadership, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Sustainability.
18: New Directions and Challenges.
Appendix: Finding Your Calling: Jobs and Careers in International Marketing.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.