Request for consultation
Packed with practical applications and step-by-step instructions, INTEGRATED ACCOUNTING + GL CD, 8e thoroughly teaches students about computerized accounting and operating procedures for all Windows-based programs. The new edition takes full advantage of the Windows environment. Preparing students for real-world practice, the general ledger software was designed to emulate commercial software packages. Detailed instruction and clear examples help students fully understand the software while all-new student problem data sets give them plenty of hands-on experience. INTEGRATED ACCOUNTING gradually introduces software through opening balance files, showing students how to process ongoing accounting systems. As a result, students learn accounting topics while gaining software experience. Each chapter offers a sample problem, a student exercise, two software problems (with audit questions), and the use of a student-solution checker--enabling students to work at their own pace.
- Chapter 1 Introduction and Chapter 9 Financial Statement Analysis have been completely revised and updated to reflect the latest developments from the field.
- Enabling students to put what they learn into action, all-new A and B student problem data sets throughout the text include HTM check figures, solution checking, figures, and more.
- Discussions, screen figures, reports, and other features fully reflect all software updates and revisions.
- Offering a wealth of resources to help you maximize your course success, the Instructor's Manual is completely up to date and reflects the new student problem data sets as well as all the updates throughout the Eighth Edition.
- INTEGRATED ACCOUNTING 8e software also offers integration with other application software--including spreadsheets and word processors--via copy and paste capabilities.
- Offering immediate help, the Info button seamlessly connects students to check figures on the Internet. Bulleted directions are available to walk students through each step as they move through the software.
- Accounting Explorer enables students to browse through the accounting system in much the same way as Windows Explorer does in an operating system. This is particularly helpful in tracking errors students may have made.
- Inspector Program utilizes a Wizard interface, making it easier to choose files to score students' work while reducing the amount of time an instructor devotes to grading work.
- All A problems are equipped with the extremely popular Student Checker, which provides immediate feedback to learners as they work through the problems.
- While retaining the signature features that made previous editions popular with instructors and students alike, the Eighth Edition of INTEGRATED ACCOUNTING takes full advantage of the Windows environment.
- Extremely user friendly, the design and development of the software follows the standard conventions of the Windows operating systems.
- For the online environment, students can easily send completed problem files to their instructors as email attachments. Instructors can then use the inspector CD to check student work and email detailed reports back to the student.
- Packaged with the text, the intuitive Klooster/Allen General Ledger Software version 8.0 teaches accounting principles and introduces concepts and issues relative to modern computer-based accounting systems.
- The Eighth Edition offers seamless integration within the software applications of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, budgeting, purchase order processing and inventory, sales order processing and inventory, fixed assets, and payroll. For example, when a sales invoice is processed, the system automatically generates a sales invoice form and updates inventory, the sales journal, the customer's account, and the general ledger accounts. In addition, menu options are available to generate periodic journal entries such as depreciation adjusting entries and both the employee and employer's payroll taxes.
2. Accounting Cycle of a Service Business and Bank Reconciliation.
3. Accounts Payable: Purchase Order Processing and Inventory Control.
4. Accounts Receivable: Sales Order Processing and Inventory Control.
5. Accounting Cycle of a Merchandising Business and Budgeting.
Comprehensive Problem 1.
6. Fixed Assets.
8. Partnerships and Corporations.
Comprehensive Problem 2.
9. Financial Statement Analysis.
10. Departmentalized Accounting.
Comprehensive problem 3.
11. Accounting System Setup.
Appendix A: Accounting Cycle of a Merchandising Business: Using Special Journals.