Request for consultation
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE, Second Edition, provides a strong foundation in all five major areas of industrial maintenance, including general, mechanical, electrical, welding, and preventive maintenance. In addition to essential information on safety, tools, industrial print reading, and electrical theory, this comprehensive text includes a detailed exploration of modern machinery and equipment to help students understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and maintain a wide variety of industrial machines. INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE features a visually appealing, new full-color design and more than 700 vivid photos and illustrations to engage students' interest and enhance their understanding. This text has also been thoroughly updated and revised to reflect recent developments in this dynamic, rapidly evolving field, including current piping and fluid power symbols, rigging and mechanical installations, magnetism, transformers, motors and sensors, and industrial communications. With comprehensive, up-to-date coverage and a reader-friendly, modular presentation, INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE is the perfect resource to prepare students for success as industrial maintenance technicians.
- The Second Edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect current equipment, standards, and practices in industrial maintenance, including new information on ladders and scaffolds, rigging and mechanical installations, link- and V-belts, rotary actuators, electrical equipment (boxes, enclosures, conduit bodies and fittings, and busways), transformer configurations, 9- and 12-lead motor connections, solenoids, solid-state motor protectors, compact fluorescent and LED lighting, and more.
- A new, visually striking, full-color layout offers greatly enhanced visual appeal to engage students' interest, while more than 700 photos and illustrations help reinforce important or complex concepts and enable students to ground chapter contents in a practical, real-world context.
- Eye-catching safety and caution features draw students' attention to important information related to job safety and potentially dangerous work-related situations.
- Each section opens with a "Typical Day in Maintenance" feature related to the five major areas of industrial maintenance, introducing a realistic problem-solving scenario that requires students to apply critical thinking and make an appropriate diagnosis.
- An accompanying Student Workbook includes numerous hands-on exercises to help students reinforce what they have learned in class and practice applying their developing knowledge and skills.
- A helpful Instructor's Guide includes answers to review questions in the text, as well as solutions to exercises in the Student Workbook, making it easier to evaluate students' work and assess their understanding of course material.
- A robust instructor companion website provides a wealth of information and tools to assist with course planning and lecture preparation, including Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations, a computerized test bank, a library of images from the text, and a sample course syllabus for each chapter.
4. Industrial Print Reading.
Part II: MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE.
5. Mechanical Power Transmission.
7. Coupled Shaft Alignment.
9. Seals and Packing.
10. Pumps and Compressors.
11. Fluid Power.
12. Piping Systems.
Part III: ELECTRICAL KNOWLEDGE.
13. Electrical Fundamentals.
14. Test Equipment.
15. Electrical Circuits.
16. Wiring Methods.
17. Transformers and Power Distribution.
18. Electrical Machinery.
19. Control and Controlled Devices.
20. Motor Control Circuits.
21. Basic Industrial Electronics.
22. Electronic Variable Speed Drives.
23. Programmable Logic Controllers.
24. Industrial Communications
Part IV: WELDING KNOWLEDGE.
26. Gas Welding.
27. Arc Welding.
Part V: PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE.
28. Preventive Maintenance - Developing and Implementing.
29. Mechanical PMs.
30. Electrical PMs.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The student workbook is design to help the user retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions, key term definition queries, multiple choice, fill in the blank and true or false problems.
The student workbook is design to help the user retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions, key term definition queries, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true or false problems.