Request for consultation
ICD-10-CM/PCS has been delayed, so let this final edition of the ICD-9-CM Expert for Skilled Nursing Facilities, Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities and Hospices, Volumes 1, 2 & 3, with the hallmark features and content designed specifically to address the challenges of SNF, IRF, and hospice services, help to meet current coding challenges and to function as a solid reference for utilizing valuable ICD-9-CM coded data.
- AHA’s Coding Clinic topic summaries. Review a summary of coding advice from the latest AHA Coding Clinics.
- Highlighted coding informational and instructional notes. Recognize important code usage guidance for specific sections more easily with highlighted notes.
- Expanded postacute coverage. Get essential coding and reimbursement edits and resources specifically for skilled nursing facilities (SNF), inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRF), and hospices.
- Manifestation code alert. Properly use codes that represent manifestations of underlying disease by knowing when two codes are required and by knowing alerts to sequencing rules.
- Wrong surgery edit. Spot cases in which the wrong surgery was performed and are then exempt from reimbursement.
- Illustrations and definitions. Gain in-depth understanding of anatomy and disease processes with clinically-oriented definitions and illustrations.
- Guidelines for Medicare non-cancer hospice coverage. Understand criteria for a non-cancer patient to be eligible for hospice care to reduce delays and denials of claim submissions.
- Color-coding for hospice non-cancer diagnosis codes. Know at a glance which diagnosis codes qualify a non-cancer patient for hospice care.
- Optum Edge—ICD-10-CM Coding Proficiency and Documentation Self-Assessment. Test your ICD-10-CM readiness and skills with this 50 question quiz.
- Optum Edge—ICD-10 Spotlight. Preview ICD-10 codes with the most frequently reported ICD-9-CM codes to learn as you work.
- Optum Edge—AHA’s Coding Clinic and official coding guideline tips. Use citations to link to the official coding advice every coder in every health care setting must follow.
- Optum Edge—Intuitive color-coded symbols and alerts. Identify quickly critical coding and reimbursement issues specific to skilled nursing, inpatient rehabilitation, and hospices with alerts on the same page as the code you need.
- Optum Edge—“Unspecified” and “Other” code alerts. Find official coding guidance that suggests home health agencies avoid using diagnoses that are unspecified or vague.
- Optum Edge—V-code symbols. Understand the appropriate use of V-codes that may only be sequenced as first-listed diagnosis for cleaner claim submissions.
- Optum Edge—Additional digit required symbols. Pinpoint when an additional fourth or fifth digit is required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid code submissions (provided in Index and Tabular Section).
- Optum Edge—10 Steps to Correct Coding. Receive step-by-step instructions to improve coding accuracy and more effectively use ICD-9-CM conventions.