Request for consultation
HYBRID, ELECTRIC AND FUEL-CELL VEHICLES, Second Edition, covers the cutting-edge technology and technology that are revolutionizing today's automotive industry. Author Jack Erjavec combines in-depth industry expertise with an engaging, reader-friendly style, providing extensive detail on new and upcoming electric vehicles, including hybrids in production today and the fuel cell vehicles of tomorrow. Expansive coverage ranges from basic theory related to vehicle construction, electricity, batteries, and motors, to the political and social impact of these high-profile vehicles. In addition to up-to-date, highly accurate technical information on vehicles available today—including service procedures and safe shop practices—the text provides an informed look into the future with material on vehicles currently under development.
- The Second Edition features an all-new two-color design to enhance visual appeal and make this engaging text even more inviting and accessible for students.
- Extensive updates to photos and illustrations throughout the text provide strong support for visual learners, as well as convenient references to help students recognize and understand new technology they are likely to encounter in the shop or lab.
- Updated to reflect the latest vehicle models and relevant current technology being used or developed by today's manufacturers.
- New material on pure electric vehicles explores the technology behind this exciting, emerging trend in automotive manufacturing, as well as offering a useful analysis of the industry's transition to electric vehicles.
- New service procedures cover practical tips and processes students can apply when servicing today's hybrid vehicles.
- The text provides a useful overview of current electric, hybrid, and fuel cell vehicles, including their operation and construction, as well as the specific advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Since working on hybrid vehicles requires unique and critical precautions to be taken in the shop, safety issues are stressed throughout the text.
- In addition to outlining maintenance and service procedures for electric vehicles, the text describes the true costs of owning and operating them, including tax incentive programs available to consumers.
- Coverage of range and fuel economy includes material on vehicle physics, regenerative braking, aerodynamics, and fuel consumption of various electric models, helping students understand both the essential principles involved and their practical applications.
2. Electrical Basics.
3. Motor and Generator Basics.
4. Battery Basics.
5. The Basics of a Battery Operated Electric Vehicle.
6. HEV Basics.
7. Mild and Assist Hybrids.
8. Full Hybrids.
9. Hybrid Maintenance and Service.
10. Fuel Cell and Other Possible Vehicles.