Request for consultation
HANDS-ON MICROSOFT® WINDOWS® SERVER 2016 is the perfect resource for learning Windows® Server 2016 from the ground up. Designed to build a foundation in basic server administration, this book requires no previous server experience. It covers all of the critical Windows® Server 2016 features, including the advantages unique to this new server operating system. Your students learn how to choose the right server edition for their needs. They also learn to install, configure, customize, manage, and troubleshoot servers most effectively. If your students are new to server administration, this book provides the background and knowledge they need to manage servers on small to large networks. If they are experienced server administrators, this book provides a quick option for getting up to speed on new Windows® Server 2016 administration.
- COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS FEATURES CRITICAL OR NEW TO WINDOWS® SERVER 2016, Readers learn to maximize the advantages of Windows® Server 2016 as they study key features, including using graphical user interface, Windows® Server Core, Windows® PowerShell, Hyper-V, Server Manager, security features, network services, role services, monitoring tools, and more.
- NEW CASE PROJECTS PROVIDE IMPORTANT HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE. These fresh new Case Projects put students in the shoes of a Windows® Server 2016 consultant who works in a variety of typical and challenging situations, fulfilling the needs of clients.
- NEW APPENDIX OFFERS FLEXIBILITY IN COVERING TOPICS. This edition offers a useful, optional appendix that allows you to address using Windows® Server 2016 with Hyper-V virtualization in detail.
- EXTENSIVE HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES MAKE LEARNING COME ALIVE. More than 135 hands-on activities throughout this edition encourage active learning and help students apply new concepts to real situations and challenges as they sharpen important problem-solving skills.
- COMPLETE COVERAGE PREPARES STUDENTS OF ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE. This book thoroughly address all aspects of Windows® Server 2016 installation and administration to equip those with little experience and help those with extensive background refine their knowledge of the latest developments.
- OBJECTIVES OVERVIEW CHAPTER TOPICS TO DIRECT LEARNING AND REVIEW. These helpful learning objectives at the start of each chapter give students an overview of what they will be able to accomplish. They are also useful for a quick review of the chapter contents.
- SCREEN IMAGES AND VISUALS CLARIFY AND REINFORCE CRITICAL TOPICS. Screen captures reflect the latest server and software while detailed illustrations offer visualization and clarification of the book’s most important topics and processes.
- ACTIVE REVIEW AND PRACTICE ENSURE COMPRHENSION. The author provides extensive review opportunities as well as end-of-chapter materials designed to strengthen students’ learning and abilities to apply what they’ve learned.
2. Installing Windows Server 2016.
3. Configuring the Windows® Server 2016 Environment.
4. Introduction to Active Directory and Account Management.
5. Configuring, Managing, and Troubleshooting Resource Access.
6. Configuring Windows® Server 2016 Printing.
7. Configuring and Managing Data Storage.
8. Managing Windows® Server 2016 Network Services.
9. Configuring Remote Access Services.
10. Securing Windows® Server 2016.
11. Server and Network Monitoring.
12. Managing System Reliability and Availability.
Appendix A: Windows® Server 2016 Virtualization and Hyper-V.
Appendix B: Sample Windows® PowerShell Cmdlets.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.