Request for consultation
Equip your students to identify, detect, investigate, and prevent financial fraud with Albrecht/Albrecht/Albrecht/Zimbelman's leading FRAUD EXAMINATION 5E. This popular text closely examines the nature of fraud using memorable business examples and captivating cases of actual fraud, including recent developments in ebusiness fraud. Students explore how technology is used for fraud and how it can also be used effectively to detect fraud. Students also examine today's legal options for victims of fraud. Significant discussion on forensic analysis expands students' understanding of the field, while new examples, problems and exercises reinforce concepts with meaningful practical application. Proven learning features help students focus on the most important information in fraud today as they prepare to make a difference in business.
- UPDATED CHAPTER CONTENT ENSURES THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION FOR YOUR COURSE. Each chapter in this edition reflects the most up-to-date developments and information related to fraud. Corresponding PowerPoint® resources and Test Banks reflect the latest content.
- NEW PROBLEMS AND EXERCISES IMPROVE THE BOOK'S PRACTICAL STRENGTHS. Fresh new end-of-chapter applications, problems and exercises ensure this book remains on the cutting edge of fraud investigation today. This reader-friendly revision enhances the book's popular practical approach and content.
- PRACTICAL, PROVEN APPLICATIONS BRING FRAUD TO LIFE. Actual, current fraud cases drawn from first-hand experience provide intriguing opportunities to apply concepts. Meaningful and practical end-of-chapter exercises offer helpful practice and review.
- STRONG EMPHASIS ON FRAUD DETECTION, PREVENTION, AND INVESTIGATION PREPARED STUDENTS TO WORK IN BUSINESS TODAY. This edition delves into fraud investigation at a deeper level, examining the nature of fraud perpetrators and why they commit fraud. Students learn to recognize the warning signs that fraud may occur as well as how to use technology most effectively to search proactively for fraud.
- EXTENSIVE AUTHOR EXPERIENCE ENSURES AUTHENTIC APPROACH. This team of authors combines their extensive expertise in forensic accounting, fraud examination, and technology with the talents of innovative experts in fraud investigation technology to bring your students an accurate, contemporary overview of fraud. You will find a wealth of intriguing cases and memorable, first-hand examples drawn from today's business.
1. The Nature of Fraud.
2. Who Commits Fraud and Why.
3. Fighting Fraud: An Overview.
Part II: FRAUD PREVENTION.
4. Preventing Fraud.
Part III: FRAUD DETECTION.
5. Recognizing the Symptoms of Fraud.
6. Data-Driven Fraud Detection
Part IV: FRAUD INVESTIGATION.
7. Investigating Theft Acts.
8. Investigating Concealment.
9. Conversion Investigation Methods.
10. Inquiry Methods and Fraud Reports.
Part V: MANAGEMENT FRAUD.
11. Financial Statement Fraud.
12. Revenue- and Inventory-Related Financial Statement Frauds.
13. Liability, Asset, and Inadequate Disclosure Frauds.
Part VI: OTHER TYPES OF FRAUD.
14. Fraud Against Organizations.
15. Consumer Fraud.
16. Bankruptcy, Divorce, and Tax Fraud.
17. e-Commerce Fraud.
Part VII: RESOLUTION OF FRAUD.
18. Legal Follow-Up.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Expand your students' understanding of fraud investigation and streamline class preparation with the numerous instructor and student resources available on this edition's robust companion website. Easily download password-protected instructor resources, including the Solution's Manual, Test Bank, and PowerPoint® slides. Students can review concepts using PowerPoint® slides, online quizzes, and other interactive learning tools.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Albrecht/Albrecht/Albrecht/Zimbelman's Fraud Examination
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to create, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. You can design multiple test versions in an instant and easily deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom or wherever you want.