Request for consultation
FIBER OPTICS TECHNICIAN'S MANUAL, 4E is a practical guide for designers, installers, and troubleshooters of fiber optic cable plants and networks. It reflects recent changes in fiber optic technology, marketing, and applications, including wider usage of Fiber To The Home (FTTH) applications and Local Area Networks (LANs). This book begins with a brief history of the development of fiber optics and progresses from the basics of this technology and its components to installation and testing. FIBER OPTICS TECHNICIAN'S MANUAL, 4E will provide your students with a comprehensive overview of all aspects of fiber optics as used in communications systems, including telephone, CATV, and computers.
- Updated to the very latest technology in fiber optics installation and cables.
- An Instructor Resource includes the instructor guide in pdf, PowerPoint slides, and ExamView testbank.
- Reflects the growing importance of this industry because fiber optics is the backbone that enables the expansion of wireless technology, cell phones, the internet and video and camera surveillance.
- Includes contributions based on materials used in the classroom by a number of trainers resulting in content that is organized for ease in teaching the installation, testing, and maintenance of fiber optic cabling systems.
- Includes hands-on labs utilizing actual installation practices for student's enhanced learning.
- Features chapter-end review questions that allow for knowledge assessment and targeted review of topics needing reinforcement.
- Serves as an excellent preparation manual for the Certified Fiber Optic Technician certification exam.
- Provides your students with more hands-on exercises with a separate lab manual.
2. History of FO Development.
3. Basics of FO.
6. Cable Specifications.
7. Connectors and Splices.
8. Fiber Optic Hardware.
9. Getting Started.
10. Guidelines for Fiber Optic Design and Installation.
11. Link Loss Budgets.
12. Safety issues.
13. Planning The Install.
15. Estimating and Bidding Networks.
16. Cable Installation.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resource serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.