Request for consultation
Milady Standard Esthetics Fundamentals, 11th edition, is the essential source for basic esthetics training. This new edition builds upon Milady's strong tradition of providing students and instructors with the best beauty and wellness education tools for their future. The rapidly expanding field of esthetics has taken a dramatic leap forward in the past decade, and this up-to-date text plays a critical role in creating a strong foundation for the esthetics student. Focusing on introductory topics, including history and opportunities in skin care, anatomy and physiology, and infection control and disorders, it lays the groundwork for the future professional to build their knowledge. The reader can then explore the practical skills of a skin care professional, introducing them to the treatment environment, basic facial treatments, hair removal, and the technology likely to be performed in the salon or spa setting.
- A new chapter, Life Skills, provides the student with the basic social and organizational skills needed to succeed in school and in the professional world.
- New page designs with larger images provide greater detail in illustrations and photos, making sections easier to read, and concepts easier to understand.
- Infection control and OSHA information has been updated to reflect the most recent changes affecting the beauty and wellness industry.
- Procedures have been placed at the end of each chapter to avoid interruption of the main content.
- Hundreds of color photos and illustrations showcase step-by-step esthetics procedures and highlight important topics.
- Professionals and educators share first-hand knowledge of the latest trends and information on student and client safety, bridging the gap between the classroom and the professional setting.
- Numerous side notes reinforce and explain information presented in the text and aid learning of difficult concepts.
- Review questions and glossaries in each chapter help students retain knowledge and study efficiently.
1. History and Career Opportunities in Esthetics.
2. Life Skills.
3. Your Professional Image.
4. Communicating For Success.
PART II: GENERAL SCIENCES.
5. Infection Control: Principles and Practices.
6. General Anatomy and Physiology.
7. Basics of Chemistry.
8. Basics of Electricity.
9. Basics of Nutrition.
PART III: SKIN SCIENCES.
10. Physiology and Histology of the Skin.
11. Disorders and Diseases of the Skin.
12. Skin Analysis.
13. Skin Care Products: Chemistry, Ingredients, and Selection.
PART IV: ESTHETICS.
14. The Treatment Room.
15. Facial Treatments.
16. Facial Massage
17. Facial Machines.
18. Hair Removal.
19. Advanced Topics and Treatments.
20. The World of Makeup.
PART V: BUSINESS SKILLS.
21. Career Planning.
22. The Skin Care Business.
23. Selling Products and Services.