Request for consultation
ENTREPRENEURSHIP: THEORY, PROCESS, PRACTICE, 10e, combines a practical, step-by-step approach with a theoretical foundation to form a basic framework for understanding the theory, processes, and practice of entrepreneurship. Recognized for over 25 years as one of the leading books in the field, the aim of the text and accompanying MindTap® learning suite is to present the most current thinking in entrepreneurship, as well as to provide learners with experiential learning activities that challenge them to apply ideas and develop useful entrepreneurial skills. This edition has been updated to include current developments and issues in this explosive field.
- The MindTap® digital learning suite offers engaging, challenging, rigorous learning activities written exclusively by Dr. Kuratko. Students experience what it's like to be an entrepreneur firsthand as they complete experiential challenges that develop their creative and critical thinking skills.
- The Instructor's Manual details how you can use MindTap to implement your own version of Dr. K's famous "Spine Sweat Challenge."
- Information on IPOs, venture capitalists, and angel investors has been updated.
- Design Methodology, the Lean Start Up Methodology, and the Business Model Canvas, are all presented to provide students with an understanding of the most contemporary methods being employed in the marketplace.
- Extensive coverage of social responsibility, social entrepreneurship, sustainability, benefit corporations, and legal issues gives structure and discipline to operational and strategic decisions that broaden bottom-line accountability beyond financial gains and losses. This coverage enables students to measure the good that an enterprise can do in addition to the wealth that it may generate.
- This edition provides a systematic, process-oriented overview of entrepreneurship, from startup to maturation, with an eye on the latest research developments in the field. It is based on developing a theoretical foundation, then learning the processes needed for a successful venture, and finally experiencing the launch of a venture in practice.
- The MindTap® digital learning solution provides a blend of new, retained, and updated cases, designed to help students think and act like entrepreneurs, whether in a start-up or corporate setting. Experiential Exercises give students an opportunity to test and investigate their understanding of chapter principles through self-scoring assessments, skills inventories, and related applications.
1. Entrepreneurship. Evolutionary Development--Revolutionary Impact.
2. The Entrepreneurial Mind-Set in Individuals: Cognition and Ethics.
3. The Entrepreneurial Mind-Set in Organizations: Corporate Entrepreneurship.
4. Social Entrepreneurship and the Global Environment for Entrepreneurship.
Part II: INITIATING ENTREPRENEURIAL VENTURES.
5. Innovation: The Creative Pursuit of Ideas.
6. Assessment of Entrepreneurial Opportunities.
7. Pathways to Entrepreneurial Ventures.
8. Sources of Capital for Entrepreneurial Ventures.
Part III: DEVELOPING THE ENTREPRENEURIAL PLAN.
9. Legal Challenges for Entrepreneurial Ventures.
10. Marketing Research for Entrepreneurial Ventures.
11. Financial Preparation for Entrepreneurial Ventures.
12. Developing an Effective Business Plan.
Part IV: GROWTH STRATEGIES FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL VENTURES.
13. Strategic Entrepreneurial Growth.
14. Valuation of Entrepreneurial Ventures.
15. Harvesting Entrepreneurial Ventures.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
A dynamic, comprehensive website at http://academic.cengage.com/management/kuratko features an Interactive Study Center with quizzes, PowerPoint® slides, and additional business plans. Instructors can download resources, including the Instructor's Resource Manual with Test Bank and PowerPoint® presentation slides.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Kuratko's Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process, and Practice
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.