Request for consultation
Get workplace-ready with SAM 2013, the market-leading proficiency-based assessment and training solution for Microsoft Office 2013! SAM's active, hands-on environment helps you master Microsoft Office skills and computer concepts that are essential to academic and career success! Through skill-based assessments, interactive trainings, business-centric projects, and comprehensive remediation, SAM 2013 engages you in mastering the latest Microsoft Office programs at your own pace. Computer concepts labs supplement instruction of important technology-related topics and issues through engaging simulations and interactive, auto-graded assessments. SAM is your one-stop-shop for everything you need to become tech savvy.
- Fully updated for Microsoft Office 2013.
- Expanded collection of MindTap Readers for leading Cengage titles gives instructors the option of a fully integrated online solution in SAM.
- Intuitive new Student Assignment Screen presents assignments in a calendar view and a list view, enabling students to keep track of assignments and due dates more easily.
- New interactive Computer Concepts labs help students explore issues and concepts such as computer hardware, safety and security, computer networks, and more through simulated trainings and interactive assessments.
- New SAM Projects are tightly integrated with the skills and learning objectives of our top-selling textbook series, but offer brand new step-by-step activities that go beyond the books to promote critical thinking. SAM's Academic Integrity Manager provides enhanced cheating detection and new partial credit grading offer instructors more choice and more control.
- New Individual Assignment tool allows you to schedule an assignment for one student or a small group of students in a few simple clicks.
- New Playback feature allows you to explain and defend a student's assessment score by viewing a video of each action the student took in completing a task.
- New Mac Hints give students instructions for completing certain training tasks on a Mac.
- Updated gradebook includes an alphabetized student roster, score normalization and student frequency analysis to make it easier to monitor student progress.
- Institutional-level reporting allows you to run reports across multiple sections.
- New Express Assignment Wizard and Section Copy tools allow instructors to setup an entire course in 20 minutes and copy it across multiple sections quickly and easily.
- SAM 2013 covers the key features of the actual Office 2013 software, allowing students to work in high-fidelity, Flash-based simulation exercises for a real-world experience.
- SAM can be accessed under a variety of browser platforms (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome) and operating systems (Windows and Mac OS X).
- Ongoing training, service, and support is provided through CourseCare, a revolutionary program designed to give you and your students an unparalleled user experience with your Cengage Learning digital solution. Your Sales Representative can connect you with a team of training, service, and support experts to ensure that SAM is integrated successfully into your course.
- Easy, web-based deployment means SAM is always accessible to both you and your students from any computer.
- Direct correlation to the learning objectives covered in your Cengage Learning textbooks allows you to easily create a robust lesson plan. Detailed reporting lets you monitor students' mastery of Microsoft Office and Computer Concepts skills.
- With SAM Training tasks that correspond to textbook exams and study guides, instructors can spend more time teaching and let SAM Training help those who need additional time to grasp concepts and skills.
- SAM Projects offer live-in-the-application project-based assignments. Student work is automatically graded, providing instant feedback. SAM's Academic Integrity Manager provides enhanced cheating detection and new partial credit grading offer instructors more choice and more control.