Request for consultation
DEVELOPING CHINESE FLUENCY is a rigorous communication skills training program that seeks to systematically expand the intermediate learners’ vocabulary, and help them achieve advanced level proficiency in the oral and written use of the language -- particularly in the areas of description, comparison and introduction -- in a relatively short period of time.
- Offers thematically organized word lists and grammatical structures for comprehensive treatment of five core areas: Objects, People, Nature, Geography, and City.
- Develops fluency in each of the five areas in three progressive stages – (1) Building Core Vocabulary builds a strong vocabulary base essential for everyday conversations; (2) Building Expressive Power adds more sophisticated vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, set phrases and native speech patterns to elevate students’ expressive ability; and (3) Building Paragraph Discourse equips students with sentence connectives, transitional words and phrases for paragraph-length connected discourse.
- Incorporates a stimulating array of interactive classroom tasks and technology-supported activities that develops fluency, promotes acquisition and reinforces learning.
- Lessons are reinforced through exercises in the accompanying Workbook (printed and online).
- The Book Companion Website offers additional resources for students such as flashcards to help them review the vocabulary items of each lesson. For instructors, the site provides password-protected presentation and assessment resources such as teaching guides, images, audio clips, reproducible worksheets, periodic performance checklists, and useful web links for classroom activities.
Lesson 1: Colors and Shapes 颜色与形状.
Lesson 2: Forms of Objects 外形特点.
Lesson 3: Describing Visual Impressions 描述视觉印象.
Lesson 4: Describing a Scene or Space 描述场景与空间.
Unit 2: TALKING ABOUT PRODUCTS 谈论物品特点.
Lesson 1:Types of Products 物品种类.
Lesson 2: Materials and Specifications 材料与规格.
Lesson 3: Product Information 介绍产品特点.
Lesson 4: Comparing Products 比较物品.
Enrichment Unit 1: Products and Culture 物品与文化.
Unit 3: DESCRIBING PEOPLE 描述人物印象.
Lesson 1: Physical Features 生理特征.
Lesson 2: Apparel and Attire 穿着打扮.
Lesson 3: Describing Impressions of a Person 人物印象.
Lesson 4: Portraying a Person 描绘人物.
Unit 4: INTORDUCING PEOPLE 介绍人物简况.
Lesson 1: Industry and Profession 行业与职业.
Lesson 2: Identity and Position 身份与职务.
Lesson 3: Hobbies, Skills and Education 爱好、专长、学历
Lesson 4: Work Experience 工作经验
Lesson 5: Introducing a Person’s Profile 介绍人物简况
Enrichment Unit 2: People and Society 人与社会.
Unit 5: TALKING ABOUT NATURE 谈论自然现象.
Lesson 1: Nature and Weather 自然现象.
Lesson 2: Natural Disasters 自然灾害.
Lesson 3: Climate and Personal Feelings 气候与感觉.
Lesson 4: Disaster Report 灾害介绍.
Lesson 5: Comparing Climates and Reporting Natural Disasters 比较气候、报道灾情.
Enrichment Unit 3: Climate and Environment 气候与环境.
Unit 6: TALKING ABOUT GEOGRAPHY 谈论地理环境.
Lesson 1: Geographic Environment 地理环境.
Lesson 2: Natural Resources 自然资源.
Lesson 3: Characteristics of a Place 地方特色.
Lesson 4: Introducing an Area 介绍地区.
Enrichment Unit 4: Tapping into Natural Resources 开发自然资源.
Unit 7: TALKING ABOUT CITIES 谈论城市.
Lesson 1: In the City 城市设施.
Lesson 2: Urban Characteristics 城区特点.
Lesson 3: Changes and Development of a City 城市发展与变化.
Lesson 4: Introducing Cities 介绍城市.
Enrichment Unit 5: Development and Challenges 发展与挑战.