Request for consultation
Delmar s CLINICAL MEDICAL ASSISTING POCKET GUIDE, explores the medical assisting duties performed in offices and clinical settings today. Organized in a chart format for quick reference and easy reading, the book covers documentation, terms and abbreviations, lab and x-ray procedures, commonly prescribed drugs, and much more--all in a convenient guide that can fit in a pocket. This reference is ideal for anyone in ambulatory care also includes sections on OB-GYN and pediatric screening and procedures to prepare learners for these specialized settings.. Color-coded tabs identify the main units of the guide for quick and easy access.
- Assessment Tools: Handy assessment and screening charts teach readers what to ask patients with medical complaints.
- Documentation Examples: Clear examples show learners how to document chief complaints and the history of the illness, as well as the proper way to use a triage manual.
- Procedure Charts: Detailed clinical charts provide quick facts and trouble-shooting tips, along with step-by-step medical assisting procedures.
- Medications Reference: Commonly prescribed and over-the-counter drug tables provide correct spellings for error-free charting and patient care.
2. Routine Clinical Procedures Performed in the Medical Office (Non-Lab and Medication Procedures).
3. Pediatric Screenings and Procedures.
4. Assisting in an OB-GYN Practice.
6. Laboratory Normal Values and Procedures.
7. X-Ray/Diagnostic Examinations (Prep).
8. Emergency Procedures.