Request for consultation
Now in its second edition, D.S. Malik brings his proven approach to C++ programming to the CS2 course. Clearly written with the student in mind, this text focuses on Data Structures and includes advanced topics in C++ such as Linked Lists and the Standard Template Library (STL). The text features abundant visual diagrams, examples, and extended Programming Examples, all of which serve to illuminate difficult concepts. Complete programming code and clear display of syntax, explanation, and example are used throughout the text, and each chapter concludes with a robust exercise set.
- Provides coverage of recursion and backtracking to solve Sudoku problems.
- Offers expanded discussion of hashing, Shell sort, B-trees, and the Euler circuit.
- Introduces virtual functions and abstract classes in Chapter 3, and incorporates the study of linked lists, stacks, and queues using these concepts.
- Designed for a CS2 one-semester course focused on data structures.
- Reinforces concepts through extensive diagrams and examples.
- Features complete Programming Examples throughout that outline the critical steps to writing a program for a case study including Input/Output, Algorithm Design, Main Algorithm, and Complete Program.
- Offers robust end-of-chapter exercises that provide ample opportunity for practice.
- Written to ANSI/ISO Standard C++ and can be used with Microsoft Visual C++ .NET.
2. Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and C++.
3. Pointers and Array-Based Lists.
4. Standard Template Library (STL) I.
5. Linked Lists.
9. Search Algorithms.
10. Sorting Algorithms.
11. Binary Trees.
12. Graphs Algorithms.
13. Standard Template Library (STL) II.
A: Reserved Words.
B: Operator Precedence.
C: Character Sets.
D: Operator Overloading.
E: Header Files.
F: Additional C++ Topics (Inheritance, Pointers, and Virtual Functions).
G. Problem Solving Using Object Oriented Methodology.
H: C++ for Java Programmers.
I: References for Further Study.
J: Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises.