Request for consultation
CWNA GUIDE TO WIRELESS LANS, 3rd Edition provides students with the conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills needed to work with wireless technology in a network administration environment as well as pass the Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) exam. The text covers fundamental topics, such as planning, designing, installing, securing, and configuring wireless LANs. It also details common wireless LAN uses including maintenance, security, and business applications. The third edition is designed around the latest version of the CWNA exam, as well as the new IEEE 802.11 standard, making CWNA GUIDE TO WIRELESS LANS the practical guide that prepares students for real-world wireless networking.
- Maps to current CWNA Exam (PW0-104) objectives to prepare students with the most up-to-date information available.
- Includes in-depth coverage of the latest IEEE 802.11nstandard, which will have a dramatic impact on new WLANs technologies
- Provides all new Hands-On Projects and Case Projects on a broad range of the latest wireless software and penetration testing tools, to allow students to practice the skills they learn.
- Utilizes wireless hardware online simulation tools , eliminating the need for expensive wireless computer labs.
- Expanded coverage on radio frequency fundamentals and antennas.
- Maps completely to the CWNA Certification Exam with in-depth coverage of all objectives.
- Includes detailed descriptions of wireless LAN basics and IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n standards.
- Designed for both classroom and online learning with step-by-step explanations for installation and configuration of online tools and simulation software, so no specific brand of wireless hardware is required for set-up.
- Features extensive learning tools, including Review Questions, Hands-On Projects, and Case Projects, which allow students to practice skills they're learning.
2. Wireless Local Area Networks.
3. Radio Frequency Fundamentals.
5. Physical Layer Standards.
6. Medium Access Control Layer Standards.
7. Wireless LAN Management and Architectures.
8. Conducting a Site Survey.
9. Wireless LAN Security Vulnerabilities.
10. Implementing Wireless LAN Security.
11. Managing a Wireless LAN.
12. Wireless Network Troubleshooting and Optimization
13. Other Wireless Networks
Appendix A – CWNA Exam Objectives.
Appendix B – URLs for Hands-On Projects
Appendix C –Web Sites.
"I like the way Mark is taking the reader from a very basic starting point to a more technical understanding of the subject."
"Mark does a consistent job of making his textbooks very teachable by providing the end of chapter glossary, review questions, and projects."
"Good in depth coverage of the latest standards and devices."
"I like that the projects incorporate Windows 7 and the Case Studies engage the student and require them to do additional research that will broaden their knowledge."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
The Instructor Resources commonly includes PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.
CourseMate Instant Access
Interested in a simple way to complement your text and course content with study and practice materials? Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch reader comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.