Request for consultation
Presenting a basic, arithmetic-based approach, CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS MATHEMATICS FOR COLLEGES, 17E uses step-by-step development of concepts, hands-on practice exercises, and real-world application of techniques to effectively prepare students for careers in business. Practical skill-building applications are emphasized throughout as the text progresses, from the most basic to more complex business math topics. Numerous problems and examples are taken from actual businesses. Self-check features such as end-of-section Concept Checks, end-of-chapter Bottom Lines, and end-of-chapter Review Problems enable students to test their understanding before advancing to other topics or completing assignments. CengageNOW offers an online homework solution option with fully algorithmic end-of-chapter problems students can use to drill again and again to build their math confidence.
- Concept Checks: At the end of the section for each Learning Objective, a Concept Check reinforces students' understanding of that particular Learning Objective. These self-checks ensure students have a solid understanding of chapter concepts before they progress to more advanced material.
- Math Drills: New to the 17th edition, CengageNOW now offers fully algorithmic end-of-chapter problems that students can use to drill again and again, offering endless practice for areas where they might be struggling and helping them maximize their course success.
- Bottom Line: This end-of-chapter feature ties each Learning Objective to self-test problems (with answers), enabling students to check whether they have mastered the chapter's key skills before moving on to the assignments.
- Self-Check Review Problems: Located at the end of each chapter, these problems provide yet another opportunity for students to test themselves before completing the end-of-chapter assignments. Answers are provided at the end of the text in Appendix B.
- Step-by-Step Problem-Solving Approach: Short, concise text sections are followed by examples with step-by-step solutions. Students learn mathematical concepts by immediately applying practical solutions to common business problems. They also improve their problem-solving skills by studying the way example problems are worked out.
- Numerous Business Examples and Problems: Abundant practical business problems and examples from a variety of businesses help students better relate to the material and see how it applies to real life.
3. Word Problems and Equations.
4. International Weights and Measures.
10. Payroll Records.
13. Simple Interest.
14. Installments Purchases.
15. Promissory Notes and Discounting.
16. Compound Interest.
17. Inventory and Turnover.
19. Financial Statements.
20. International Business.
21. Corporate Stocks.
22. Corporate and Government Bonds.
24. Business Statistics.
Appendix A: Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems.
Appendix B: Answers to Self-Check Review Problems.
Appendix C: Fundamental Processes.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content, create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS, in your classroom, or through CengageNOW.
The companion website for Deitz/Southam's Business Mathematics for Colleges, 17E, provides updated PowerPoints, tests in Word format, and the special supplement "Math in Employment Tests." You'll also find Excel exercises, spreadsheet templates to give students practice with both mathematics and spreadsheet software.