Request for consultation
Show your students how to master and maximize enterprise resource planning (ERP) software -- which continues to become more critical in business today –- with the latest edition of Monk/Wagner's successful CONCEPTS IN ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING. Equip students to use ERP tools to increase growth and productivity as they learn how to effectively combine an organization's numerous functions into one comprehensive, integrated system. CONCEPTS IN ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING, 4E reflects the latest trends and updates in ERP software while demonstrating how to make the most of this important technology. The authors introduce the basic functional areas of business and how they are related. The book demonstrates how information systems that are not effectively integrated fail to support business functions and business processes that extend across functional area boundaries. By contrast, students clearly see how integrated information systems help organizations improve business process and provide managers with accurate, consistent, and current data for making informed strategic decisions. All-new sidebar cases and real examples throughout this edition not only thoroughly introduce the practical aspects of enterprise resource planning, but also prepare readers for ongoing ERP success in business today and tomorrow.
- ALL-NEW SIDEBAR CASES HIGHLIGHT PRACTICAL EXAMPLES OF USING ERP IN BUSINESS TODAY. These updated, brief sidebar cases keep students engaged while emphasizing the practicality and application of concepts students are learning.
- FRESH NEW END-OF-CHAPTER QUESTIONS PROVIDE IMPORTANT PRACTICE. Students practice what they've learned with this edition's updated variety of end-of-chapter questions that challenge student knowledge.
- ADDITIONAL COVERAGE OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND PRODUCT COST PLANNING BETTER PREPARES STUDENTS FOR TODAY'S BUSINESS. Students gain a solid understanding of today's most critical areas of business and their relationship to one another.
- NEW UPDATES HIGHLIGHT THE LATEST ERP SOFTWARE SYSTEMS. Up-to-the-minute coverage demonstrates the most recent ERP software options, their advantages and limitations to familiarize students with options they'll encounter in contemporary business.
- NUMEROUS SCREENSHOTS HELP CLARIFY CONCEPTS FOR STUDENTS. The authors incorporate clear, informative screenshots to familiarize readers with software programs and key concepts.
- PROVEN, ABUNDANT END-OF-CHAPTER QUESTIONS AND EXERCISES TEST STUDENT MASTERY OF CONCEPTS. A variety of useful end-of-chapter questions and exercises test students' mastery of the subject matter periodically and allow for immediate feedback.
- ONGOING CASE STUDY DEMONSTRATES ERP IN ACTION WITHIN A BUSINESS. This edition's continuing case highlights an interesting, realistic company that clearly displays how ERP works when applied to all aspects of a single business.
- FREQUENT REAL EXAMPLES HIGHLIGHT INDUSTRY LEADING SOFTWARE IN PRACTICE. The authors incorporate numerous memorable examples that demonstrate today's leading software, such as SAP, in use. Examples familiarize and prepare readers for work with programs that they are likely to encounter in their professional experiences.
2. The Development of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems.
3. Marketing Information Systems and the Sales Order Process.
4. Production and Supply Chain Management Information Systems.
5. Accounting in ERP Systems.
6. Human Resources Processes with ERP.
7. Process Modeling, Process Improvement, and ERP Implementation.
8. ERP and Electronic Commerce.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Find all the resources you need with this convenient Instructor's Resource CD-ROM -- updated to reflect all new content changes in the latest edition of this text. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, these Instructor Resources include a helpful Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint® slides, ExamView™ test bank, syllabi, and solution files. The Test Bank includes 50-75 multiple choice, true/false, completion, short answer and essay questions per chapter. Resources are also available for download online.