Request for consultation
CLINICAL SUPERVISION: THEORY AND PRACTICE is a comprehensive text on the theoretical and practical aspects of supervision. While the authors offer thorough coverage of supervision models and theory, ethics and supervision trends, they also include numerous self-assessment exercises at the end of each chapter, case studies and other applied activities. An optional companion DVD which uses 10 different cases to demonstrate various approaches to supervising helping professionals is available for use with this text.
- CLINICAL SUPERVISION: THEORY AND PRACTICE can be used as a "standalone text" because it deftly blends theory and practice.
- The authors explore the various models of supervision and offer practical self-assessment exercises at the end of each chapter. They cover current research on every chapter topic and each chapter section closes with questions for reflection.
- CLINICAL SUPERVISION: THEORY AND PRACTICE comes with a DVD featuring case studies that demonstrate each of the five supervision models and one group supervision session. The Five Practice Case Presentations illustrate "best-fit" supervision models.
- CLINICAL SUPERVISION: THEORY AND PRACTICE addresses contemporary issues and concerns with chapters on ethics, future supervision trends, blocks to successful supervision, and the importance of understanding diversity.
2. Supervision Models: Psychotherapy-based Non-Psychotherapy-based.
3. Effective Supervision.
Gender and Perceived Stereotypes. Theoretical Orientation, Interaction and Learning Styles. BTI Types. Negative-Harmful Supervision.
Attachment Style. Self-presentation and Self-disclosure. Interaction and Learning Styles. Theoretical Orientation. Gender & Perceived Stereotypes.
6. Assessment of the Trainee.
Knowledge and Skills. Personal Dynamics. Formal Assessment Tools.
7. Supervision Ethics.
8. Legal Aspects of Supervision in Psychotherapy.
9. Impacts of Culture and Diversity on the Supervisory Relationship and Process.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning's DVD for Dr. Russell-Chapin’s CLINICAL SUPERVISION: THEORY AND PRACTICE features a supervision session that demonstrates five different approaches to supervision, offering opportunities for observation and analysis that will help in developing an individual approach to supervision.
Premium Website, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
The Premium Website includes the same videos available on the DVD, but delivered online. Go to CengageBrain.com to purchase access if a printed access code did not come bundled with your new book.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.