Request for consultation
CLASSIC READINGS IN ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR is organized around the field's most discussed themes: leadership, motivation, teams and groups, effects of the work environment, power and influence, and organizational change. Within each of these thematic sections, the readings are presented chronologically so students can better understand the development of specific theories, as well as the overall development of the field of organizational behavior. Because of this effective organization and a thorough introduction, many instructors use this reader as the sole text for their courses.
- The readings and essays in this collection have been updated, introducing new emergent areas of thinking and bringing the themes of this text into the twenty-first century.
- A revised structure makes this book easier for instructors and students to use.
- The readings in each chapter are organized chronologically so that students can follow the development of important themes and topics over time.
- The readings have been edited down�for brevity only�so that students can easily identify and grasp the key concepts.
- A good mix of new and traditional readings help students understand the evolution of the field.
- Introductory essays open each chapter, and help put the readings in context. These essays focus on the most important concepts, themes, topics, and issues in each chapter; explain the importance of each reading that is reprinted in the chapter; provide a preview of what is to come, and help ease the transition from "classic" to present-day scholars for readers.
- A "Chronology" of important publications in organizational behavior helps students understand the historical development of thought in the field.
2. Group and Intergroup Behavior.
4. Teams and Groups.
5. Effects of the Work Environment.
6. Power and Influence.
7. Organizational Change.
"I like the introduction to each section. It puts the articles in context, provides the reader with a view of what is to come, and helps make the transition from ’classic’ to present-day scholars. . . I think the editors do a great job with a very difficult discipline."
"The text . . . . is indispensable for my organizational behavior course."
"I believe this text is the best single compendium of classic and contemporary readings in organizational theory spanning both private and public sectors."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.