Request for consultation
Created by the continuous feedback of a "student-tested, faculty-approved" process, CHEM2 delivers a visually appealing, succinct print component, tear-out review cards for students and instructors, and a consistent online offering with OWLv2 that includes an eBook in addition to a set of interactive digital tools -- all at a value-based price and proven to increase retention and outcomes. CHEM2 also offers Go Chemistry and Thinkwell mini-video lectures, as well as online homework available through the OWL learning system.
- END-OF-CHAPTER QUESTIONS have been added to nearly every chapter.
- POWERPOINT LECTURE SLIDES, completely customizable to your specific classroom needs, help you prep for class faster and more efficiently.
- NEW DETACHABLE EQUATION-SPECIFIC CARDS show students how to properly set up conversion and stoichiometric equations while they do their homework. Each card features a "skeleton version" of the equation as well as an example.
- A MORE USER-FRIENDLY, CHEMISTRY-SPECIFIC DESIGN reflects the needs of today's liberal arts students.
- The #1 online homework and learning system for chemistry, OWLv2, is available for this text--now with new instructor features and enhanced functionality: a Dashboard that consolidates all course materials; easy, intuitive assignment creation and management; ability to preview and select activities/questions for each assignment; new assignment settings and options; improved gradebook; Personalized Study tools to help students focus their time on the key concepts and skills; and MindTap Reader™, a new eBook withh apps and embedded video, audio, annotations, and activities. OWLv2 courses for Gen Chem, GOB, and Liberal Arts now include Quick Prep essential skills assignments that can be taken before the semester begins or during the first few weeks, to help students succeed in the course. For this course, OWLv2 also includes new interactive versions of the end-of-chapter questions from the text, 45 new visual exercises, and new iPad-compatible visualizations, tutorials, and simulations.
- EXTENSIVELY REORGANIZED CHAPTERS 2 AND 16 provide a better flow of subjects to enhance student understanding.
- THE UPDATED ART PROGRAM offers new and more relevant instructive images.
- SHORTER, COMPREHENSIVE CHAPTERS in a modern design, along with a wealth of print and online teaching and learning aids, make this book ideal for today's students.
- LEARNING TOOLS DESIGNED TO MEET A WIDE RANGE OF LEARNING STYLES include interactive quizzes, animations, videos, interactive and printable flashcards, and additional essays.
- RELEVANT REAL LIFE APPLICATIONS feature such topics as the nutritional basis of healthy living, medicines and drugs, pollution & the conservation of natural resources, and the agricultural production of food for an ever-expanding world population.
- Improve student learning outcomes with OWLv2, the #1 online homework and learning system for chemistry, now with new features and enhanced functionality! Developed by chemistry instructors, OWLv2’s reporting and grade book features simplify homework management and track student progress. OWLv2 addresses different student learning styles through tutorials, simulations, visualization exercises, and algorithmically generated homework questions with instant answer-specific feedback. With OWLv2’s mastery learning approach, students work at their own pace until they understand each concept/skill. OWL includes MindTap Reader™, an iPad-compatible multimedia eBook. Gen Chemistry, GOB, and Liberal Arts courses include Quick Prep modules to help students learn essential skills.
2. The Chemical View of Matter.
3. Atoms and the Periodic Table.
4. The Air We Breathe.
5. Chemical Bonding and States of Matter.
6. Carbon Dioxide and the Greenhouse Effect.
7. Chlorofl uorocarbons and the Ozone Layer.
8. Chemical Reactivity: Chemicals in Action.
9. Acid--Base Reactions.
10. Oxidation--Reduction Reactions.
11. Water, Water Everywhere but Not a Drop to Drink?
12. Energy and Hydrocarbons.
13. Nuclear Changes and Nuclear Power.
14. Organic Chemicals and Polymers.
15. The Chemistry of Life.
16. Nutrition: The Basis of Healthy Living.
17. Chemistry and Medicine.
18. The Chemistry of Useful Materials.
19. Feeding the World.
Appendices (Answers to Try Its & Answers to Selected Problems).
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource Site with Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero
Search for this text at login.CENGAGE.com and choose Instructor Companion Site to access these digital resources for this text: 1) PowerPoint® lecture slides by Holly Gaede of Texas A&M University ; 2) Image libraries for figures, photographs, and numbered tables; 3) Instructor’s Manual by Peter Hanson of Wittenberg University; 4) A list of end-of-chapter questions that you can assign in OWLv2; 5) Cognero® online testing software with questions by Bette Kreuz of the University of Michigan, Dearborn ; 6) Chemistry Multimedia Library of lecture-ready animations, simulations, and movies.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.