Request for consultation
Reflecting the latest research from the field, CASEBOOK IN CHILD BEHAVIOR DISORDERS, 6th Edition vividly illustrates the rich and arresting nature of disorders that first manifest themselves in childhood while also showing how a child's developmental patterns shape the expression of each disorder. Throughout the book, the author explores the DSM-5 criteria and highlights the interaction between developmental and environmental influences for each disorder. An assortment of cases, including complex cases, effectively demonstrates how each disorder is expressed -- from presentation through diagnosis and treatment. Mixed cases encourage independent thinking as they challenge students to draw from their knowledge to come up with their own diagnosis.
- Completely up to date, the sixth edition has been revised to incorporate DSM-5 criteria. It has also been edited to highlight state-of-the-art citations and research that reflect the most current thinking regarding various disorders relevant to children and adolescents.
- Enabling students to put their knowledge into practice, CASEBOOK IN CHILD BEHAVIOR DISORDERS, 6th Edition provides a wealth of case studies, including three unique mixed cases. For example, "Mixed Case Three" in Chapter 15 features a multiracial child of Hispanic, Asian, and Caucasian descent as well as a mix of elements that could indicate schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, personality disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, or tic disorder. This intriguing case leads students through an in-depth discussion of which symptoms match what criteria.
- Offering hands-on learning, two "Diagnose the Case" exercises challenge students to come up with diagnoses on their own. The first case appears in Chapter 1, establishing the systematic process of presentation, diagnosis, and treatment that is followed throughout the book.
- The complex "Wrap Up Case" features a child with multiple problems. This challenging mixed case enables students to apply what they have studied throughout the course -- helping them sharpen their skills and reinforce all that they learned.
- Insightful information on the DSM-5 is integrated throughout the text.
- An entire chapter is devoted to early-onset Bipolar Disorder, giving students a deeper look at the disorder.
2. Social Anxiety and Withdrawal.
4. Early-Onset Bipolar Disorder.
5. Eating Disorder.
6. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
7. Learning Disorder.
8. Conduct Disorder and Aggression.
9. Substance Use Disorder.
10 Family Conflict and Noncompliance.
11. Autism and Intellectual Disability.
12. Pediatric Condition/Pain.
13. Effects from Sexual Maltreatment and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
14. Mixed Case Two.
15. Mixed Case Three.