Request for consultation
This ninth edition of WRITING PAPERS IN PSYCHOLOGY provides frameworks, tips, guidelines, and sample illustrations for college students who are writing research reports or literature reviews that are expected to conform to style recommendations of the American Psychological Association. It also is designed to cultivate organizing, literature retrieval, critical reasoning, and communication skills under deadlines. For more than a decade, this brief, inexpensive, and easy-to-use manual has helped thousands of students in psychology and related fields with the task of writing term papers and reports.
- Exhibits in Chapter 3 streamlined.
- Looking over Maya's shoulder has been extended and used in new ways.
- APA style of citing and referencing moved to an earlier chapter.
- Ethical implications added to Chapter 6.
- Sections are numbered for easier referral.
- Various exhibits have been dropped, added, or revised.
- Within each chapter, the sections are numbered to make it easier to refer to them.
- Chapter 1 contains a flowchart that walks the student through the phases of writing research reports or literature reviews that are expected to conform to style recommendations in the fifth edition of the PUBLICATION MANUAL OF THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION as well as the proposal and, if required, a poster and a concise report of the research for distribution.
- There is an exhibit illustrating how clustering can be used to begin to focus the first draft of a review paper.
- An illustration of how a student might use PsycINFO.
1. Getting Started.
2. Finding and Retrieving Reference Materials.
3. Developing a Proposal.
4. Planning the Research Report.
5. Organizing the Review Paper.
6. Communicating Statistical Information.
7. Writing the First Draft.
8. Producing the Final Manuscript.
9. Preparing Posters and Concise Reports.
APPENDIX A: Jane Doe's Research Report.
APPENDIX B: John Smith's Review Paper.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.