Request for consultation
Accessible, practical, and succinct, CAREER COUNSELING AND DEVELOPMENT IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY, 2nd Edition thoroughly prepares students for career counseling in today's marketplace. Maximizing student success, the text supports learning and understanding through its unique "Career Diamond" pedagogical model that helps students synthesize and apply career counseling theories. Cutting-edge case studies demonstrate the use of techniques and the application of theory. The new edition includes updated research, new coverage of the economic crisis, and an all-new Chapter 17 "Professional Issues: Ethics and Research". The text also offers thorough coverage of special populations--such as clients in the welfare-to-work program--and the impact of the global economy. Offering comprehensive coverage in a concise format, this popular text remains extremely student friendly with an emphasis on process.
- Reflecting the latest practices and developments from the field, the exciting new Second Edition of CAREER COUNSELING AND DEVELOPMENT IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY is packed with new examples, up-to-date research, and cutting-edge coverage of key issues.
- Completely updated coverage of the economic crisis makes text material extremely relevant to what students see happening all around them--and perhaps even in their own lives.
- Insightful discussions of "The Great Recession" shed light on the enormous impact of the economic downturn to clients.
- Developmental neurological research is now included in the high school chapter, thoroughly explaining why adolescents think differently than adults.
- A unique discussion on spirituality in chapter 16 demonstrates how some adults bring deeper meaning to life changes, including career transitions.
- An all-new Chapter 17 covers the professional issues of ethics and research, emphasizing real issues straight from the field.
- Concepts from Blustein's psychology of working are integrated throughout.
- Theories of developmental psychology support career education programs.
- The text's strong multicultural/global emphasis continues to be integrated throughout.
- A thorough assessment chapter describes how to integrate test results into a client's exploratory process.
- Experiential exercises in every chapter give students experience applying text concepts to real-world scenarios and putting their counseling skills into action.
2. Career Diamond.
4. Career Development Theory: Super, Savickas, Blustein.
5. Social Cognitive Theories: Krumboltz, Gottfredson.
6. Global Economy.
7. Multicultural Career Counseling.
11. Information Services.
12. Career Development for Elementary in Elementary School.
13. Career Development in Middle School.
14. Career Development in High School.
15. Career Development for Emerging Adults.
16. Career Counseling for Adults.
17. Professional Issues: Ethics and Research.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual
Bringing a wealth of teaching tips and tools to your fingertips, the Online Instructor's Manual includes chapter outlines and other resources.
Online Test Bank
Designed specifically for CAREER COUNSELING AND DEVELOPMENT IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY, 2nd Edition, this electronic test bank provides thorough testing coverage of the material in each chapter and enables instructors to quickly and easily custom create the exact exams they want.
Helping Professions Learning Center, 2 terms (12 months) Instant Access