Request for consultation
Packed with cases, exercises, simulations, and practice tests, the market-leading BUSINESS ETHICS: ETHICAL DECISION MAKING AND CASES, Tenth Edition, delivers an accessible, applied text that thoroughly covers the complex environment in which managers confront ethical decision making. Using a proven managerial framework, the authors address the overall concepts, processes, and best practices associated with successful business ethics programs--helping students see how ethics can be integrated into key strategic business decisions. The new edition has been completely revised and updated to include coverage of new legislation affecting business ethics, the most up-to-date examples, the best practices of high-profile organizations, and 20 original cases that are either new or updated. Available with CengageNOW™ online teaching and learning tools for the first time, BUSINESS ETHICS: ETHICAL DECISION MAKING AND CASES, Tenth Edition, gives students an abundance of opportunities to master text material through hands-on application.
- CengageNOW™ online course management and learning system provides more control in less time and delivers better student outcomes. For instructors, it includes resources organized around lecturing, creating assignments, grading, quizzing, and tracking students' progress and performance. Students can use a Personalized Study diagnostic tool to determine areas that need more study focus.
- Chapter 10: Ethical Leadership.
- Chapter 12: Sustainability: Ethical and Social Responsibility Dimensions.
- Debate Issues have been added to this edition, allowing students to challenge assumptions and consider different points of view.
- All 20 of the original cases in the tenth edition are either new or have been substantially updated by the authors.
- UPDATED Check Your E.Q. (Ethics Quotient) exercises that help students identify key concepts, initiate discussion, enhance problem-solving skills, and provide an opportunity for self-assessment.
- UPDATED "Ethical Dilemma" at the opening of each chapter highlights a realistic situation and provides guided discussion questions on how the dilemma could be resolved. Chapter-ending "Resolving Ethical Business Challenges" are minicases that give students an opportunity to put what they have learned into action as they use their critical-thinking skills to address realistic ethical issues.
- Ensuring students get the most from the course, the text's rich pedagogical program includes Chapter Objectives, a Chapter Outline, a detailed Chapter Summary, and Check Your E.Q. (Ethics Quotient) exercises that help students identify key concepts, initiate discussion, enhance problem-solving skills, and provide an opportunity for self-assessment.
- The text is packed with real-world, hands-on applications--placing students in the role of decision maker. An "Ethical Dilemma" at the opening of each chapter highlights a realistic situation and provides guided discussion questions on how the dilemma could be resolved. Chapter-ending "Resolving Ethical Business Challenges" are minicases that give students an opportunity to put what they have learned into action as they use their critical-thinking skills to address realistic ethical issues.
- Role play cases in the Instructor's Resource Manual provide excellent culminating experiences to help students integrate concepts covered in the text. Cases are also effective as ongoing exercises to provide students with extensive opportunities for interacting and making ethical decisions.
- The leading text on the market, BUSINESS ETHICS: ETHICAL DECISION MAKING AND CASES is renowned for its signature approach--teaching business ethics from a managerial/organizational perspective. More important in today's economy than ever, this proven text emphasizes decision making, leadership, and strategy as it illustrates how to develop, implement, and audit an effective ethics program in a global environment.
- Extremely timely, the text is completely revised and updated to reflect the latest in the global economic crisis. The issues associated with the recent economic meltdown compelled the authors to provide an updated discussion of ethics from a systemic perspective. The authors' insightful discussions equip students with an ethical understanding of what happened--how greed, excessive risk-taking, and the culture of focusing on rewards and the bottom line helped create the problem.
1. The Importance of Business Ethics.
2. Stakeholder Relationships, Social Responsibility, and Corporate Governance.
Part II: ETHICAL ISSUES AND THE INSTITUTIONALIZATION OF BUSINESS ETHICS.
3. Emerging Business Ethics Issues.
4. The Institutionalization of Business Ethics.
Part III: THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS.
5. Ethical Decision Making and Ethical Leadership.
6. Individual Factors: Moral Philosophies and Values.
7. Organizational Factors: The Role of Ethical Culture and Relationships.
Part IV: IMPLEMENTING BUSINESS ETHICS IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY.
8. Developing an Effective Ethics Program.
9. Managing and Controlling Ethics Programs.
10. Ethical Leadership.
11. Business Ethics in a Global Economy.
12. Sustainability: Ethical and Social Responsibility Dimensions
Part V: CASES.
CASE 1. Monsanto Attempts to Balance Stakeholder Interests.
CASE 2. Starbucks' Mission: Social Responsibility and Brand Strength.
CASE 3. Walmart Manages Ethical and Compliance Challenges.
CASE 4. Managing Risks in the Oil Industry.
CASE 5. New Belgium Brewing: Ethical and Environmental Responsibility.
CASE 6. National Collegiate Athletic Association: Football Compliance.
CASE 7. Google: The Quest to Balance Privacy with Profits.
CASE 8. Zappos: Delivering Happiness to Stakeholders.
CASE 9. Enron: Questionable Accounting Leads to Collapse.
CASE 10. Home Depot Implements Stakeholder Orientation.
CASE 11. Frauds of the Century.
CASE 12. Insider Trading at the Galleon Group.
CASE 13. Whole Foods Strives to Be an Ethical Corporate Citizen.
CASE 14. Apple Inc.'s Ethical Successes and Challenges.
CASE 15. PepsiCo's Journey Toward an Ethical and Socially Responsible Culture.
CASE 16. Recreational Equipment Incorporated (REI): A Responsible Retail Cooperative.
CASE 17. Better Business Bureau: Protecting Consumers and Dealing with Organizational Ethics Challenges.
CASE 18. Managing the Risks of Bribery in Global Business.
CASE 19. Mattel Responds to Ethical Challenges.
CASE 20. Best Buy Fights Against Electronic Waste.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Instructor resource center including IM, Test Bank, and PowerPoint slides.
Engage your students by bringing real-life examples and issues into the classroom with this exclusive video program.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero®, Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.