Request for consultation
Packed with vivid illustrations and a complete set of commercial prints, best-selling BLUEPRINTS AND PLANS FOR HVAC, 4th Edition combines in-depth instruction with relevant hands-on applications to equip students with the skills to succeed in the workplace. Now in an engaging four-color format, this popular text helps readers master the basics of blueprint reading and apply their new skills to work in the HVAC trade. This Fourth Edition has been updated to include the latest codes and technological advancements, while still covering all the critical areas of study, including using the architect's and engineer's scale, creating and using working and construction drawings and freehand sketching and drafting with instruments. In addition, the new CourseMate solution includes extra activities and CAD files to increase the number of real-world exercises for students. Practical, current and exceedingly accurate, BLUEPRINTS AND PLANS FOR HVAC, 4e, serves students in the classroom and beyond.
- An all-new chapter on Current Technology offers thorough coverage of computer aided design (CAD), providing information that is basic enough to introduce the technology today's professionals use to develop drawings without overwhelming the reader.
- Vivid illustrations, photos, graphs and sketches reinforce key concepts and clarify complicated material.
- Providing ultimate flexibility, the new CourseMate solution connects instructors with PowerPoints, quizzes and additional CAD files and activities for further exploration and expansion of the material, giving students even more hands-on applications.
- Expanded instructor support materials now include an image library and additional online resources.
- A complete set of commercial blueprints correlates directly with the book's exercises, allowing readers to apply what they learn as they learn it.
- Helpful appendices give learners instant access to frequently used geometric figures and formulas, conversion tables, abbreviations and symbols.
- Assuming no prior knowledge, Blueprints and Plans for HVAC, 4th Edition is ideal for anyone planning a career in the HVAC industry or the building trades.
3. Linear Measurements.
4. Angular Measurements.
5. Learning to Use the Architect's Scale.
6. Learning to Use the Engineer's Scale.
7. Symbols and Abbreviations.
8. How Working Drawings are Created.
9. Categories of Working Drawings.
10. Sections, Elevations and Details.
11. Creating Construction Drawings.
12. Who Uses Construction Drawings.
14. Title Blocks.
15. Types and Weights of Lines.
16. Orthographic Projection.
17. Oblique Drawings.
18. Isometric Drawings.
19. Lettering and Notations.
20. Organizing a Drawing Sheet.
21. Shading and Crosshatching.
22. Drawing Construction Elevations.
23. Drawing Construction Details.
24. Freehand Sketching.
25. Drafting with Instruments.
26. Reading Architectural Plans.
27. Ductwork Plans.
28. Reading Mechanical Plans.
29. Reading Electrical Plans.
30. Reading Plumbing Plans.
31. Current Technology.
32. Introduction to Load Calculations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources include PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.
CourseMate 1-Year Instant Access
Interested in a simple way to complement your text and course content with study and practice materials? Cengage Learning's Blueprint Reading CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. Blueprint Reading CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
CourseMate 1-Year Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.