Request for consultation
Generate active learning with COOPERATIVE LEARNING: MAKING CONNECTIONS IN GENERAL BIOLOGY. This collection of ready-to-use short cooperative activities has broad applicability for first year biology courses. They fit perfectly with any style of instruction whether in large lecture halls or flipped classrooms. The activities address a range of learning objectives such as reinforcing basic concepts, making connections between various chapters and topics, data analysis and graphing, developing problem solving skills, and mastering terminology. Each activity is designed to stand alone and most require only 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Updated activities connect with today’s students.
- Utilize the activities during lecture to reinforce important concepts or as activities in a flipped classroom environment.
- Help your students get acquainted and develop the right frame of mind to work in cooperative groups.
- Build student confidence and expertise in logical thinking, the ability to work with others, analyzing what they learn, and communicating ideas to others.
1. The Skills of Science.
PART 2: CELLULAR PRINCIPLES.
2. Chemical Basis of Life.
3. Cell Structure and Function.
4. Energy Pathways.
5. Enzymes and Metabolism.
PART 3: CELL DIVISION AND GENETICS.
6. Mitosis and Meiosis.
7. Patterns of Inheritance.
8. Other Patterns of Inheritance.
9. Molecular Genetics.
PART 4: HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY.
11. Systems of the Body I.
12. Systems of the Body II.
PART 5: EVOLUTION AND BIODIVERSITY.
PART 6: ECOLOGY.
15. Communities and Ecosystems.
17. Human Impact on the Environment.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions, create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.