Request for consultation
Centered on the health of the human female throughout her lifespan, BIOLOGY OF WOMEN, 5th Edition continues to provide an excellent framework to discuss women's physiology, biology, and overall health. Thorough revisions to this benchmark text make the Fifth Edition both scientifically accurate and socially relevant for today's students. The Fifth Edition of BIOLOGY OF WOMEN covers topics from the female reproductive system to the psychobiological and socio-cultural factors that influence a woman's nutrition and physical activity. Distinctive pedagogical features include case studies, glossary of terms, and historical, economic and social perspectives.
- The Fifth Edition is completely updated with all-new content regarding the social, historic, and multicultural factors that impact women's biology.
- Expanded content on genetics & fetal development, pregnancy, complications of pregnancy, and labor & delivery.
- New critical thinking exercises and case study material encourages application of the material.
- Expanded end-of-chapter questions help students master concepts more efficiently.
- An all-new chapter on the impact of stress on women makes the text even more relevant to today's students.
- New full-color design with more photos and illustrations brings the content to life.
- Includes information on the latest technologies, interventions, nutrition, dieting, and eating disorders.
- Thorough coverage on women's sexual health issues, including HIV/AIDS and fertility drugs.
- Current and in-depth treatment of cancer, heart disease, menopause, and aging.
2. Anatomy & Physiology: An overview of the Woman's Body.
3. Reproductive Anatomy.
4. Reproductive Cycle.
5. Menstrual Problems: Causes and Treatments.
6. Reproductive Tract Infections.
7. Cancer and other Diseases of the Reproductive Tract.
8. A Woman's Breasts.
9. The Biology of Sex.
10. Genetics and Fetal Development.
11. A Woman's Body during Pregnancy, Labor and Delivery.
12. Pregnancy complications.
13. Birth Control.
14. Infertility: Causes and Treatments.
16. Nutrition: Fuel for a Woman's Body.
17. Women and Stress.
18. The Biology of Appearance.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Electronic Classroom Manager
The Instructor Resources commonly includes PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.
The Laboratory Manual is a valuable tool designed to enhance your student's lab experience. Lab activities, objectives, materials lists, step-by-step procedures, and review questions are provided in this Lab Manual.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.