Request for consultation
The ETHICS IN ACTION program brings to life the ethical issues and dilemmas counselors often encounter-and provides ample opportunity for discussion, self-exploration, and problem solving of the issues and dilemmas. The 22 video vignettes are based on a workshop for a group of counseling students, which included challenging questions and lively discussion, role-plays, and comments from the students and the group leaders. This educational program is divided into three segments: ethical decision-making, values and the helping relationship, and boundary issues and multiple relationships in counseling. The accompanying workbook (delivered online via CourseMate and in print with the DVD) involves you in interactive learning as you view the video program.
- The program includes video footage that was previously only available for instructor use-doubling the number of video role-plays for students to 22. Each role-play is complemented with commentary by the Coreys and discussions with students facilitated by the Coreys. Accompanying case summaries, key points, and exercises and activities have also been developed for this new footage.
- A new set of questions for each role-play vignette promotes reflection and discussion.
- The updated workbook, which includes numerous new or revised commentaries and activities, is designed to involve students in interactive learning as they view the video program.
- ETHICS IN ACTION is available in two different formats to suit instructor and student needs-as a DVD with a printed workbook or via the Internet through CourseMate, which offers access to the videos and an integrated workbook.
- This program is suitable for courses in counseling, human services, couples and family therapy, counseling and clinical psychology, school counseling, and social work. It can be used in courses such as practicum, fieldwork, internship, and ethical and professional issues or as a supplement in courses dealing with skills or theory.
- The video and accompanying exercises are structured around three parts: ethical decision-making, values and the helping relationship, and boundary issues and multiple relationships.
- Each part has seven to eight video segments that present role-plays of common ethical dilemmas faced by counselors in their practices as well as classroom discussions for each.
- Each part helps students gauge their knowledge base before and after viewing the video segments through the use of pre-viewing and post-viewing self-inventories.
- Each video segment is accompanied by questions to consider, key points, exercises and activities, and commentaries.
Part I: ETHICAL DECISION MAKING.
1. Counseling Adolescents: Teen Pregnancy.
2. Dealing with Anger: A Protective Brother.
3. Challenging the Counseling: Culture Clash.
4. Counselor Competence: Dealing with Delusions.
5. Giving Advice: Take Charge.
Part II: VALUES AND THE HELPING RELATIONSHIP.
6. Multicultural Issues: Seeking More from Life.
7. Family Values: The Divorce.
8. Sexuality: Promiscuity.
9. Being Judgmental: The Affair.
10. Imposing Values: Religion as Answer.
11. Value Conflict: Contemplating an Abortion.
12. Counselor Disapproval: Coming Out.
Part III: BOUNDARY ISSUES AND MULTIPLE RELATIONSHIPS.
13. An Ethical and Legal Issue: End-of-Life Decision.
14. Therapy Outside the Office: The Picnic.
15. Beyond the Office Contact: The Wedding.
16. Social Relationships with Clients: The Friendship.
17. Counselor Sexual Attraction: Crossing the Line.
18. Client Sexual Attraction: The Disclosure.
19. Bartering: Manicuring for Therapy.
20. Bartering: The Architect.
21. Gift Giving: The Vase.
22. Gift Giving: Tickets for Therapy.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource Manual
The Instructor's Manual (IM) contains a variety of resources to aid instructors in preparing and presenting text material in a manner that meets their personal preferences and course needs. It presents chapter-by-chapter suggestions and resources to enhance and facilitate learning.
These vibrant Microsoft® PowerPoint® lecture slides for each chapter assist you with your lecture by providing concept coverage using content directly from the textbook.