Request for consultation
AVIATION SAFETY: A BALANCED INDUSTRY APPROACH, first edition provides an innovative approach to the presentation of contemporary aviation safety detailing a number of pertinent subject matter areas. This book is designed to enhance the pedagogy of aviation safety by presenting topics and information that are derived from and directly applicable to various aspects of the aviation industry. Featuring issues on contemporary aviation safety, flight safety programs, regulatory organizations, ground operations safety, gap analysis, ethics, and safety management systems, the book provides a theoretical background to safety issues, all while making a significant connection to how the information can be directly applied to the aviation industry.
- Authored by experienced aviation safety and educational personnel with years of experience in safety and aviation industry operations.
- Select chapters feature an "In-Focus" section containing excerpts from interviews with actual members of the aviation industry.
- Provides a balanced approach to aviation safety information, covering ground operations safety, gap analysis, the ethics of safety, accident/incident prevention, standard flight-related issues and regulations, and human factors directly related to aviation safety.
- Case studies highlighting safety and human factor-related experiences in the aviation industry appear throughout the text.
- Features unique chapter topics on ethics of safety and occupational wellness.
1. Beyond Compliance: The Ethics of Safety.
2. Regulatory Oversight and Compliance.
3. Risk Management.
4. Introduction to Safety Management Systems (SMS).
5. Elements of Effective Safety Programs.
6. Introduction to Human Factors.
7. Ground Safety.
8. Flight Safety Programs
9. Airport Safety.
10. Emergency Response
11. Health and Wellness.
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per term.