Request for consultation
AUDITING: A RISK-BASED APPROACH TO CONDUCTING QUALITY AUDITS integrates the latest updates, fraud risks and ethical challenges−whether it's the AICPA and IAASB's clarified standards to harmonize auditing standards in the U.S. and abroad, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) of the Treadway Commission's updated Internal Control–Integrated Framework or the AICPA's recently issued new audit sampling guidance. Give your students valuable hands-on experience with their reasoning and auditing skills with a host of assignable and gradable cases in the brand new CengageNOW product! With CengageNOW students have access to an interactive ebook, the MindTap Reader, and can practice cases and end-of-chapter questions.
- CengageNOW™ Online Homework Solution Strengthens Interactive Learning. This powerful online course management system works seamlessly with the continuing Brony's Bikes case (formerly BiltRite Bicycle) and gives students the opportunity to apply concepts to actual life scenarios. This edition also offers a new case set that models three actual pharmaceutical companies in addition to a host of the end-of-chapter cases that have been formatted to be auto-gradable online. Flexible assignments, automatic grading and an exportable gradebook with reports save you time and help you better gauge student performance.
- Roger CPA Exam Review questions are now available for each chapter in CengageNOW. These questions are extremely similar to what students will find on the actual CPA exam, and add great value and practice for students preparing for the CPA exam.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Cases. The authors have created cycle cases coming after chapters 9, 11, and 13. The cases present students with an opportunity to practice developing and conducting planning and substantive analytical procedures centered around 3 fictional pharmaceutical companies through financial data and information.
- Fresh New Emphasis Highlights the Latest Fraud and Emerging Issues. Restructured "Auditing in Practice" information boxes, new "Emerging Issues" and "Focus on Fraud" boxes highlight today's most up-to-date issues. An Index at the back of the book enables students to quickly locate each box within each chapter. Updated end-of-chapter content clearly identifies questions that emphasize fraud and ethics to help direct students' study.
- Emphasis on Professional Skepticism Introduces the Practical Applications of this Concept. From a questioning mind to critical assessment of auditing evidence, this book provides students with the tools to apply the concept of professional skepticism. The book introduces this topic in Chapter 1, while end-of-chapter problems throughout this edition help students see the practical applications of professional skepticism.
- Professional Decision-Making and Ethical Decision-Making Frameworks Prepare Readers for Real Business Challenges. Several features, including chapter opening features and a decision-making framework, require readers to carefully consider real-life professional and ethical decisions associated with the chapter's concepts. End-of-chapter cases further emphasize the importance of using professional and ethical decision-making frameworks to address contemporary issues.
- Features and Chapter Exhibits Bring Attention to Memorable Examples. Each chapter contains multiple "Auditing in Practice" features and exhibits that highlight important, relevant, and practical examples and key information related to the chapter's topics. Selected end-of-chapter problems further reinforce this information by requiring that readers review specific features and exhibits.
- Graduate Student Research Analysis Problems Highlights Emerging Topics of Relevance. Because academic research influences auditor decisions, end-of-chapter problems provide at least one problem that requires students to read a specific research paper and answer questions related to the chapter's topics. Students learn to link theories with relevant academic research as part of their learning experiences, as recently recommended by The Pathways Commission. Selected academic articles are approachable, yet highlight the complexities of real auditing.
- Generalized Audit Software Works Seamlessly with Updated Cases. Version 9 of Desktop Education Edition−the most popular generalized audit software today –is available to correspond with each new text. This new edition closely integrates the use of software into both homework and cases. A revised Appendix and tutorial located at the end of the textbook provides guidance for students unfamiliar with the software.
2. The Risk of Fraud and Mechanisms to Address Fraud: Regulation, Corporate Governance, and Audit Quality.
3. Internal Control over Financial Reporting: Management's Responsibilities and Importance to the External Auditors.
4. Professional Liability and the Need for Quality Auditor Judgments and Ethical Decisions.
5. Professional Auditing Standards and the Audit Opinion Formulation Process.
6. A Framework for Audit Evidence.
7. Planning the Audit: Identifying and Responding to the Risks of Material Misstatement.
8. Specialized Audit Tools: Sampling and Generalized Audit Software.
9. Auditing the Revenue Cycle
10. Auditing Cash and Marketable Securities
11. Auditing Inventory, Goods and Services, and Accounts Payable: The Acquisition and Payment Cycle.
12. Auditing Long-Lived Assets: Acquisition, Use, Impairment, and Disposal.
13. Auditing Debt Obligations and Stockholders' Equity Transactions.
14. Activities Required in Completing a Quality Audit.
15. Audit Reports on Financial Statements.
16. Advanced Topics Concerning Complex Auditing Judgments.
17. Other Services Provided by Audit Firms.
Auditing Standards Appendix.
Auditing in Practice, Emerging Issues and Fraud Focus Index by Chapter.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Save time with the important resources you need, instantly accessible on the Web, with this helpful Instructor's Companion website. You'll find a wealth of instructor resources, all passwords protected and ready for quick download as you need them.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Johnstone/Gramling/Rittenberg's Auditing: A Risk Based-Approach to Conducting a Quality Audit
CENGAGE LEARNING TESTING, powered by Cognero, is a flexible, online system that allows you author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. You can also create multiple test versions in an instant and easily deliver tests from your LMS to your classroom, or other locations.