Request for consultation
Illustrated Guide to Pruning, second edition guides the reader through the appropriate training and pruning practices that are vital to developing sustainable structure in the first 25 years of a tree's life. It provides universal as well as species-specific pruning for such trees as palms, eucalyptus, and conifers and offers a variety of information about the challenges associated with pruning, including disease prevention. Numerous illustrations spanning a 20-year period identify how to develop good tree structure. This completely updated guide to pruning also provides a detailed protocol for training trees in a production wholesale nursery. Containing simple tables, lists and strategies, this text makes it easy to teach the presented pruning techniques in accordance with nationally recognized ANSI A-300 standards.
- Six new chapters cover a wide range of information including tree biology, structural pruning, and nursery production pruning, providing the latest tips and techniques available
- New illustrations and updated terminology make the material interesting and current
- A focus on preventive tree care through pruning provides the information necessary to save young and medium-aged trees from later problems
- Detailed protocol for pruning different aged trees provides the specifics needed to teach the emerging practice of preventive tree care
- Identifies pruning specifications and why they are crucial to good tree care, providing reader with precise and easy-to-understand information