Request for consultation
Show your students how good advertising is the result of hard work and careful planning with the exciting new ADVERTISING AND INTEGRATED BRAND PROMOTION, 6E from leading authors O'Guinn/Allen/Semenik. This clearly written text brings a solid understanding of advertising strategy to life with more dynamic visuals and graphic examples than ever before. More than 500 of today’s most contemporary ads and exhibits help provide the innovative, integrated learning experience your students need for advertising results and business success. A leader for its emphasis on integrated brand promotion, this edition combines a compelling presentation of the fundamentals of advertising with invigorating coverage of contemporary topics and the latest advertising trends. In-depth coverage of social media, new coverage of design thinking, an emphasis on globalization and more cutting-edge coverage exemplifies advertising’s latest developments in today's digital society. Packed with practical applications and insights, the book presents concepts in the context of real advertising practice – as the book’s contents follows the same process as an actual advertising agency. Prepare your students for the high energy excitement of advertising today with the powerful, leading content in ADVERTISING AND INTEGRATED BRAND PROMOTION, 6E, its accompanying videos, and author-driven learning and teaching support.
- NEW CHAPTER DEMONSTRATES HOW TO BRING THE CREATIVE TO LIFE THROUGHOUT EACH PROCESS. A new full chapter (Ch. 11) “Executing the Creative” in this edition describes in detail the actual efforts involved in bringing the “creative” to life through copywriting, art direction and production. The chapter thoroughly discusses print, broadcast and digital/interactive copy formats to prepare students to work with various options.
- NEW SOCIAL MEDIA BOXES EMPHASIZE THE IMPACT AND IMPORTANCE OF THIS GROWING MODE OF COMMUNICATION. Key intriguing feature boxes woven throughout this edition highlight the impact of social media and its growing influence in today’s advertising industry.
- NEW PROJECT-BASED ACTIVITIES PROVIDE PRACTICAL, REAL EXPEREINCE WORKING IN GROUPS. Your students can expand their advertising knowledge with challenging, practical new project-based group projects at the end of each part. Students work together in teams to complete work that emphasizes many of today’s well known, actual companies.
- NEW COVERAGE OF DESIGN THINKING TEACHES STUDENTS HOW TO EFFECTIVELY DEVELOP CREATIVE SOLUTIONS. Your students learn how to creatively and consistently resolve problems or issues with extraordinary results using concepts from this edition’s new coverage of design thinking in Chapter 7, “Advertising and Promotion Research.”
- INTEGRATED INTERNATIONAL COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS GLOBAL ADVERTISING ISSUES. Drawing recent examples straight from today's global marketplace, this edition provides real world insights as the authors apply their international experience to the numerous global challenges facing advertisers. This edition frequently features international topics throughout the text in addition to specialized Globalization boxes that reflect the continuing impact of globalization on business today.
- EMPHASIS ON ETHICAL PRACTICES HIGHLIGHTS THOSE MOST CRITICAL IN ADVERTISING TODAY. Today’s headlines emphasize the need for stronger ethics in business. Solid ethical practices must guide business decisions, especially in advertising, where ethical challenges can abound. This edition’s insightful ethics boxes spark lively classroom discussion and debate as they encourage students to establish their own ethical values as well as offer insights into ethical business practices that are useful to each student’s career.
- ROBUST INSTRUCTOR RESOURCES REDUCE PREPARATION TIME WHILE ENERGIZING EACH CLASS. This new edition continues to offer a superior set of instructor tools prepared by text author, Richard Semenik, to ensure a seamless presentation. A revised, updated Instructor's Manual provides comprehensive lecture outlines and notes, exercise solutions, and a sample syllabus. Most resources are available in electronic format on the IRCD or text website, including a comprehensive test bank, ExamView® testing software, and media-rich PowerPoint® slides.
- CUTTING-EDGE COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS TODAY’S MOST CURRENT TOPICS AND EMERGING TRENDS. This extensively revised, updated new edition highlights the latest topics, the most contemporary social media issues, and emerging trends from the field. Introduce your students to the world of advertising as it happens today with new coverage of advertising media, design thinking, exhibits that highlight the latest advertising examples, and other advancements.
- NEW ADCRITIC VIDEOS INTRODUCE STUDENTS TO SOME OF TODAY’S MOST CREATIVE EXAMPLES IN ADVERTISING. Now you can bring your students face-to-face with some of today’s most current, creative advertising as the engaging new AdCritic Videos media package highlights dynamic examples of advertising from around the globe.
- EXPANDED VISUALS AND THE LATEST AD EXAMPLES BRING LEARNING TO LIFE. A hallmark feature of this dynamic text, this edition’s highly visual presentation provides a captivating backdrop that clearly exemplifies how advertising concepts are applied. More than 500 captivating ads and exhibits are highlighted within a magazine-style presentation that further enhances the visual impact of each ad.
- A LEADER IN BRAND STRATEGY, THIS EDITION CONTINUES TO BE AMONG FIRST TO INTRODUCE EMERGING TRENDS. The first to emphasize Integrated Brand Promotion (IBP), this innovative text continues to lead the field -- highlighting how advertising and promotion are developed and deployed to build brand awareness and affinity. This new edition reflects how today’s entire advertising and promotion trade focuses on using promotional tools to build the brand. Brand Promotion integrated throughout each chapter emphasizes the importance of building brand awareness in advertising.
- PRACTICAL STRUCTURE CLEARLY PRESENTS FUNDAMENTALS OF ADVERTISING. In addition to setting the standard for coverage of emerging topics, such as social media, this edition’s strengths lie in the authors’ compelling presentation of the fundamentals of advertising. Students learn all of the key issues necessary to prepare a sound advertising plan. With a presentation that follows the same process as an advertising agency, this edition’s logical parts reflect how advertising and IBP are developed and executed in business today.
1. The World of Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion.
2. The Structure of the Advertising and Promotion Industry: Advertisers, Agencies, Media and Support Organizations.
3. The History of Advertising and Brand Promotion.
4. Social, Ethical, and Regulatory Aspects of Advertising and Promotion.
PART II: ANALYZING THE ENVIRONMENT FOR ADVERTISING AND INTEGRATED BRAND PROMOTION.
5. Advertising, Integrated Brand Promotion, and Consumer Behavior.
6. Market Segmentation, Positioning, and the Value Proposition.
7. Advertising and Promotion Research.
8. Planning Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion.
PART III: THE CREATIVE PROCESS.
9. Managing Creativity in Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion.
10. Creative Message Strategy.
11. Executing the Creative.
PART IV: PLACING THE MESSAGE IN CONVENTIONAL AND "NEW" MEDIA.
12. Media Planning Essentials.
13. Media Planning: Newspapers, Magazines, Television, and Radio.
14. Media Planning: Advertising and IBP in Digital/Interactive Media
PART V: INTEGRATED BRAND PROMOTION.
15. Sales Promotion, Point-of-Purchase Advertising, and Support Media.
16. Event Sponsorship, Product Placements, and Branded Entertainment.
17. Integrating Direct Marketing and Personal Selling.
18. Public Relations, Influencer Marketing, and Corporate Advertising.