Request for consultation
The 21ST CENTURY BUSINESS SERIES is an innovative instructional program providing instructors with the greatest flexibility to deliver business content using a modular format. Instructors can create their own business courses by combining several Learner Guides in the Series to form one-semester or two-semester courses. The individual Learner Guides can also be used as enhancements to more traditional business courses or to tailor new courses to meet emerging needs. The design and content of each Learner Guide in the 21ST CENTURY BUSINESS SERIES is engaging yet easy for students to use. The content focuses on providing opportunities for applying 21st skills while enabling innovative learning methods that integrate the use of supportive technology and creative problem solving approaches in today's business world. The CUSTOMER SERVICE LEARNER GUIDE includes information on customer service skills needed to succeed such as problem solving, time management, listening, and stress management. Also incorporated into the Learner Guide is the importance of being able to communicate using new technology and how it affects the role of customer service.
- NET Bookmarks – an engaging feature that provides chapter-related activities for students to complete using information found on the Internet.
- Career information in each respective area including green industry jobs and areas that fall under the 16 Career Clusters.
- Relevant information on working in a global business environment.
- A Teamwork feature focusing on the importance of teamwork in today’s business environment.
- Information on technical innovation and how it affects the business world.
- An Ethical Dilemma question at the end of each chapter assessment allowing students to figure out how to handle many situations that arise in today's business landscape.
The Service Advantage. The Customer’s View. Customer Loyalty.
2. Customer Needs and Wants.
Identify Customers. Discover Customers’ Needs. Respond Effectively.
3. Interact with Customers.
Communicate Face-to-Face. Service by Telephone. Written Interaction.
4. Support Customer Service.
Develop a Partnership. Solve the Customer’s Problem. Exceed Expectations.
5. Handle Difficult Situations.
Soothe Upset Customers. Overcome Sales Resistance. Manage Stress.
6. Build Customer Relationships.
Provide Exceptional Service. Company Loyalty Efforts. Value of Teamwork.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Includes PowerPoints, Lesson Plans, and other valuable teaching tools.
Create quizzes, study guides, and tests easily and quickly with ExamView – a computerized testing tool that allows you to create paper and online tests.
Annotated Instructor's Edition
Annotated Instructor's Edition provides helpful teaching information and answers to questions within the Student Edition in the margins of the book.