Request for consultation
Fully updated with new codes and standards, the 2014 ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS WORKBOOK is the ideal learning aid for students and professionals. From chapter discussions and code lists to practice problems and illustrations, this workbook delivers the information and practice learners need to work competently with medical coding and conventions, procedure coding, and health insurance claims, while managing the October 2014 transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 standards. The authors bring decades of experience to this practical workbook in the form of case studies and examples, hands-on exercises and activities, anatomical illustrations, and guiding principles, all designed to correlate with current ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS standards. An indispensable tool for the classroom or independent study, the 2014 ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS WORKBOOK provides the facts and skills needed for success.
- Fresh Assignments: New coding assignments in each chapter and a selection of operative reports throughout help learners develop familiarity with ICD-10-PCS codes.
- Expanded Discussions: Even more chapter coverage of ICD-10-PCS gives learners the in-depth knowledge they need for success with medical procedure coding in the classroom and beyond.
- Tech-Savvy Skills: Exercises for coding in a computer-based environment prepare leaners for employment in today's technology-driven jobs.
- Special Extras: A detailed answer key, more anatomical illustrations, and a variety of insightful updates make the 2014 ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS WORKBOOK the most unique and current workbook of its kind!
- Updated 2014 Codes: The latest ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes throughout the workbook correlate with 2014 changes
- Helpful Examples: Engaging examples, case studies, and illustrations based on real-world scenarios provide context for chapter material.
- Coding Experience: Hands-on activities and assignments in each chapter correlate with ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS guidelines to help leaners bridge the gap between theory and practice quickly.
- Living Color: Anatomical illustrations throughout the workbook help with thevisualization of coding guidelines in clinical settings.
- Expert Guidance: Written by two of the best-known educators in the field, this workbook delivers a detailed introduction to coding principles with a healthy dose of real-world experience.
- Current Applications: Chapters explore the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes and guidelines in great detail, along with the critical changes taking place in 2014.
3. Diseases of Blood and Blood-Forming Organs.
4. Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases.
5. Mental and Behavioral Disorders.
6. Diseases of the Nervous System (Eyes and Ears).
7. Diseases of the Circulatory System.
8. Diseases of the Respiratory System.
9. Diseases of the Digestive System.
10. Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue.
11. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue.
12. Diseases of the Genitourinary System.
13. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium.
14. Newborn/Congenital Disorders.
15. Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings.
16. Injury, Poisoning, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes.
17. External Causes of Morbidity.
18. Factors Influencing Health Status.
19. Transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM.
20. Coding with ICD-10-PCS.
21. Application of Coding Guidelines.
22. Coding Case Studies.
23. Decision-Based Coding.
"I like the exercises in the chapters as well as the "Check your clinical knowledge" exercises. The case studies are excellent."
"I would recommend this worktext to a colleague for adoption because it is easy to use this worktext and all the required material is in it."
All-You-Can-Learn Access with Cengage Unlimited
Cengage Unlimited is the first-of-its-kind digital subscription that gives students total and on-demand access to all the digital learning platforms, ebooks, online homework and study tools Cengage has to offer—in one place, for one price. Students get unlimited access to a library of more than 22,000 products for $119.99 per semester.