Learning Experiences All Students Can Share
We’re working to make learning more accessible to everyone—because learning becomes a richer experience when every student participates.
Quality Learning Starts with Inclusivity
At Cengage, our goal is to deliver quality learning experiences to all learners.
Inclusivity is one of our core learning design principles. If a learning experience can’t be accessed by all learners, it doesn’t live up to our standard of quality learning.
Accessibility at Cengage
To us, accessibility means more than enabling every learner to use a product. It means being able to use that product in a way that delivers a meaningful learning experience and a meaningful result
Here’s a look at a few of the ways we’re working to make Cengage learning experiences accessible.
- Meeting internationally recognized standards for accessibility: We’re taking active steps to make sure our products adhere to WCAG 2.1 AA/Section 508
- Designing with inclusivity in mind: We’ve trained our teams to develop products with accessibility in mind by always considering the diversity of the learners we serve
- Going beyond accessibility audits and VPATs: We engage partners to continually review and evaluate the accessibility of our products
- Continued transparency: When it comes to accessibility, we’re transparent about where we’re at, what’s ahead of us and where we ultimately aspire to be
Here's How We Do It
- We invested nearly $1 million in making our 2018-2019 products more accessible
- We’ve built a culture that strives for inclusive learning design — incorporating native assistive technology users as part of our quality assurance process
- Our relationship with the Perkins School for the Blind provides us with ongoing accessibility feedback for key platforms like MindTap, Cengage Unlimited, WebAssign and SAM
- We’ve made the Cengage Accessibility Roadmap open to the public and we’re inviting you to hold us accountable for our progress
Let Us Know How We Can Help You Make Learning More Accessible
We’re not only working to make the newest Cengage products accessible to everyone—we’re working with you to help make our legacy offerings meet your needs.
Do you have a learner who is not able to access their course material? We have a team to support you.
We have partnerships with Access Text Network and NiMac to quickly provide alternative formats of our textbooks. If they are not available through our partners, we’ll provide them directly.
Services and Compliance
Cengage is in compliance with the National Instructional Materials Access Center (NIMAC) requirements for K–12 textbooks and related supplemental material.
Rights & Permissions and Alternate Format
Contact the Copyright Clearance Center to request rights and permissions to reuse Cengage copyrighted material. You can also request from us directly if the title you are seeking does not appear on the Copyright Clearance Center.
Accessibility Questions, Comments or Suggestions
Ask questions, make comments or suggestions on accessibility support for students with disabilities.
Accessibility Documentation and Requests
Request the completion of accessibility documentation such as VPATs, conformance forms/reports (ACRs) and roadmaps.