Request for consultation
WELDING: PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATIONS, 7E has been updated to include new welding processes, technologies, techniques and practices. It also contains hundreds of new and updated photographs and illustrations, as well as environmental and conservation tips. Your students will find tight shots of actual welds that will help them quickly learn a variety of different welding processes used today. Moving quickly from basic concepts to the study of today's most complex welding technologies, each section begins by introducing your students to the materials, equipment, setup procedures, and critical safety information they need to know to successfully execute a specific process. Remaining chapters in the section focus on individual welding tasks and must-know techniques. Comprehensive coverage spans from specific welding processes to related topics, including welding metallurgy, metal fabrication, weld testing and inspection, joint design, and job costing. Additionally, WELDING: PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATIONS 7E contains expanded material on Plasma Cutting, FCAW, GMAW, and new Chapters on Shop Math, Reading Technical Drawings, and Fabricating. Objectives, key terms, review questions, lab experiments, and practice exercises included in every chapter will help focus your students' attention on information and skills required for success as a professional welder.
- Includes hundreds of new and updated photographs and line art.
- Includes environmental and conservation tips.
- Includes new welding processes and technologies.
- Contains expanded material on processes such as Plasma Cutting, Flux Cored Arc Welding, and Gas Metal Arc Welding.
- Contains new chapters that include Shop Math, Reading Technical Drawings, and Fabricating Techniques and Practices.
- Contains real-world features at the end of each chapter that showcase real-life applications of the principles presented, maintaining your students' interest while bridging the gap between theory and practice.
- Covers the most current welding technologies, so your students can feel confident that they are well-prepared for entering today's welding field.
- Includes a newly revised companion Study Guide/Lab Manual that makes it easy for your students to gain hands-on welding practice.
- Contains updated information on Flux Cored Steel Electrode Identification and Metal Cored Steel Electrode Identification.
- Includes "success stories" that profile real-life welders, capturing attention and motivating your students who may be considering welding as a career choice.
2. Safety in Welding.
3. Shielded Metal Arc Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
4. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Plate.
5. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Pipe.
6. Advanced Shielded Metal Arc Welding.
7. Flame Cutting.
8. Plasma Arc Cutting.
9. Related Cutting Processes.
10. Gas Metal Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
11. Gas Metal Arc Welding.
12. Flux Cored Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
13. Flux Cored Arc Welding.
14. Other Constant Potential Welding Processes.
15. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, Operation, and Filler Metals.
16. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding of Plate.
17. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding of Pipe.
18. Shop Math and Weld Cost.
19. Reading Technical Drawings.
20. Welding Joint Design and Welding Symbols.
21. Fabricating Techniques and Practices.
22. Welding Codes and Standards.
23. Testing and Inspection of Welds.
24. Welder Certification.
25. Welding Metallurgy.
26. Weldability of Metals.
27. Filler Metal Selection.
28. Welding Automation and Robotics.
29. Other Welding Processes.
30. Oxyfuel Welding and Cutting Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
31. Oxyfuel Gasses and Filler Metals.
32. Oxyacetylene Welding.
33. Soldering, Brazing, and Braze Welding.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources CD includes computerized test questions keyed to each chapter in the text, an image library with images from the text, a PowerPoint presentation for each chapter, and an electronic version of the Instructor's Manual.
Includes quizzes, figure labeling exercises, additional exercises and projects.