Request for consultation
WEB DESIGN: INTRODUCTORY, 4th Edition teaches students to balance target audience expectations, sound design principles and technical considerations to create successful Web sites. Written for an introductory course, the text offers a variety of engaging hands-on activities at the end of each chapter that test comprehension, build Web research skills, develop design awareness and provoke critical thinking of current issues in technology. WEB DESIGN: INTRODUCTORY, 4th Edition reveals useful design concepts written in a clear and engaging style.
- Content has been updated to ensure the most up to date coverage of user driven connectivity and information sharing through social media, cloud computing, web linking and more!
- New design layout and enhanced look deliver content in a visually engaging format.
- Coverage of mobile device usage and its implications on Web design help students stay connected to the most current changes in the mobile world.
- NEW! "Trends" end of chapter exercises challenge students to apply new technology and web trends learned and how they affect the evolution of Web design through a series of engaging exercises.
- Uses real-world examples and up-to-date design tools to illustrate the basic concepts and principles of good Web design.
- Encourages students to apply Web design concepts through multiple hands-on Your Turn activities located throughout each chapter for additional reinforcement.
- Enriches chapter topics with Q&A elements, Design Tips, and @Source online references, keeping lessons engaging and fun.
- Provokes independent critical thinking as students research, analyze, and report on real-world Web design issues through the @Issue, Hands On, and Team Approach end-of-chapter exercises.
- Provides a running case study of Web design concepts as students plan and create their own Web sites.
2. Web Publishing Fundamentals.
3. Planning a Successful Web Site: Part 1.
4. Planning a Successful Web Site: Part 2.
5. Typography and Images.
6. Multimedia and interactivity Elements.
7. Promoting and Maintaining a Web Site.
Appendix A: Design Tips.
Appendix B: HTML Quick Reference.
Appendix C: Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).