Request for consultation
Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow gives your students a classic introduction to computer concepts with a modern twist! Known for its emphasis on industry insight and societal issues, this text makes concepts relevant to today's career-focused students.
- New! CourseMate all-in-one digital solution includes an interactive media-rich e-book, engaging activities for reinforcement, videos and video podcasts, and the Engagement Tracker feature for no hassle automatic grading.
- New interviews with industry experts provide students with current and accurate insight on new technologies and trends.
- Emphasis throughout the book on societal issues such as ethics, intellectual property rights, security, and privacy keeps students informed on topics that are relevant to their lives today.
- Updated to cover current and emerging technologies and how they affect students' lives today!
- CAUTION boxes offer practical tips that students can use immediately to protect themselves from hardware, security, or privacy problems.
- CHAPTER FEATURE BOXES give students a look at future technologies, as well as how computers and technology are used in everyday life.
- MODULAR ORGANIZATION emphasizes the relationship among topics and chapters.
- "ASK THE EXPERT" BOXES offer career advice and technological insights from industry leaders.
- "EXPERT INSIGHT" ARTICLES provide students with personal insights on the module's topics, including how they impact IT careers and advice for the future.
2. The System Unit: Processing and Memory.
4. Input and Output.
5. System Software: Operating Systems and Utility Programs.
6. Application Software.
7. Computer Networks.
8. The Internet and the World Wide Web.
9. Network and Internet Security.
References and Resources Guide.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website, Comprehensive
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor's manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Morley/Parker's Understanding Computers: Today and Tomorrow, Comprehensive
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.