Request for consultation
SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND DESIGN, TENTH EDITION offers a practical, visually appealing approach to information systems development. The integrated Video Learning Sessions available via CourseMate will increase engagement and improve student understanding of the course material. Throughout the book, real-world case studies emphasize critical thinking and IT skills in a dynamic, business-related environment. Numerous projects, assignments, and end-of-chapter exercises, accessible only in CourseMate, provide hands-on practice. The new Tenth Edition will help prepare students for success in today's intensely competitive business world. CourseMate includes an integrated e-book, interactive activities and quizzes as well as the brand new Engagement Tracker feature. In addition, CourseMate is the only place to gain access to the SCR case study.
- New Critical Thinking Challenge feature helps students practice critical thinking skills, first by trying Practice Tasks and viewing sample answers, and then by completing the Challenge Tasks. These tasks can help students develop perception, organization, analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making skills that they will need in the workplace.
- New set of Video Learning Session tasks provides added value for this key feature, and challenges students to develop training materials in a real-life context.
- New CASE Tool Workshop feature focuses on basic CASE skills that students can practice, using Visible Analyst® or another tool.
- New end-of-chapter content includes a major revision of Chapter Exercises, Apply Your Knowledge, and all Case Studies.
- Updated material on cloud computing, Web 2.0, client/server architecture, e-commerce, wireless standards, and much more.
- Eighteen Video Learning Sessions (VLS), available via CourseMate, enhance the textbook and explain important systems analysis skills and concepts in a format that best suits today's visual learners. Topics include DFDs, data normalization, entity-relationship diagrams, decision tables, financial tools, and project management. The step-by-step explanations are easy to follow and understand.
- Toolkit with four cross-functional tools with basic skills students will need on the job.
- Package includes the CourseMate with ebook, which reinforces and extends student learning with premium content created for the textbook. Access features only available via the CourseMate such as the interactive ebook, Online Case Simulation, Critical Thinking Challenge, Video Learning Sessions and Tasks, and a set of Learn It Online activities.
- Business-oriented approach, with emphasis on modeling and TCO analysis.
- Multi-method coverage, including traditional, object-oriented, and agile techniques.
- Focus on critical Thinking tools, techniques, and practice tasks.
- Real-world simulation with online case study that includes email and voice mail messages.
1. Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design.
2. Analyzing the Business Case.
3. Managing Systems Projects.
PHASE II: SYSTEMS ANALYSIS.
4. Requirements Modeling.
5. Data and Process Modeling.
6. Object Modeling.
7. Development Strategies.
PHASE III: SYSTEMS DESIGN.
8. User Interface Design.
9. Data Design.
10. System Architecture.
PHASE IV: SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION.
11. Managing Systems Implementation.
PHASE V: SYSTEMS SUPPORT AND SECURITY.
12. Managing Systems Support and Security.
The systems analyst's toolkit.
Toolkit Part A: Communication Tools.
Toolkit Part B: CASE Tools.
Toolkit Part C: Financial Analysis Tools.
Toolkit Part D: Internet Resource Tools.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.