Request for consultation
SURVEY OF ACCOUNTING, 7E provides an overview of the basic topics of financial and managerial accounting, without emphasizing the use of debits and credits. Written for students who have no prior knowledge of accounting, this text emphasizes how accounting reports are used by managers, investors, and other business stakeholders. The unique Integrated Financial Statement Framework shows how transactions impact the three primary financial statements, showing the integrated nature of accounting. The Seventh Edition offers CengageNOW as your premier online homework solution.
- ANALYSIS AND ASSESSMENT and FINANCIAL ANALYSIS: New to the seventh edition, these sections aim to increase analytical thinking. Corresponding end-of-chapter questions have been added for further student practice. Examples of analysis topics added include: Rate of Return on Assets; Common-Sized Income Statements; Working Capital, Current Ratio, and Quick Ratio; and Gross Profit Percent, Average Markup Percent, and Ratio of Sales to Assets.
- UPDATED DATA: All Real-world data and financials throughout the chapter examples, as well as the "How Businesses Make Money" and "Integrity, Objectivity, and Ethics" boxed features, have been updated.
- REVISED End-of-Chapter: Homework exercises and problems have been revised, and new solutions are provided to instructors.
- IFRS NOTES: IFRS notes highlight important differences between U.S. GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- ETHICS: The "Integrity, Objectivity, and Ethics in Business" features describe real-world ethical situations and show students how to ethically apply those concepts.
- SIMPLE-TO-COMPLEX STUDENT-FRIENDLY FORMAT: Throughout this edition, accounting concepts are presented in a simple-to-complex format that invites learning. Basic accounting concepts are introduced in Chapter 2 using cash transactions. Accrual accounting concepts and transactions are introduced in Chapter 3.
- NON-PROCEDURAL APPROACH: This book emphasizes how financial reports are used by business stakeholders to make business decisions rather than focusing on debit and credit terminology.
- CENGAGENOW: CengageNOW for Warren's Survey of Accounting, 7E is a powerful course management and online homework tool that provides robust instructor control and customization to optimize the learning experience and meet desired outcomes. CengageNOW features links to relevant sections of the e-book within each assignment; instant feedback to stay on track; and a Personalized Study Plan with quizzes and crossword puzzles.
- INTEGRATED FINANCIAL STATEMENT FRAMEWORK: The unique Integrated Financial Statement Framework shows how transactions impact the three primary financial statements, showing the integrated nature of accounting.
- FLEXIBILITY TO EMPHASIZE DEBITS AND CREDITS: Appendix A on Double Entry Accounting creates flexibility by providing students with the necessary materials to cover debits and credits if you prefer. The Instructor's Manual includes versions of exercises and problems using debits and credits.
- KEY TERMS: Key terms are in each chapter with the new sections on Analysis and Assessment and Financial Analysis.
- STUDENT FRIENDLY: Designed for today's students, the seventh edition uses an innovative, high-impact writing style that emphasizes topics in a concise and clearly written manner. Direct sentences, concise paragraphs, numbered lists, and step-by-step calculations provide students with an easy-to-follow structure for learning accounting. This is achieved without sacrificing content or rigor.
- ILLUSTRATIVE PROBLEMS WITH SOLUTIONS: The Illustrative Problem at the end of each chapter helps students better understand the chapter concepts by representative, sample problems with solutions.
2. Basic Accounting Concepts.
3. Accrual Accounting Concepts.
4. Accounting for Merchandising Businesses.
5. Sarbanes-Oxley, Internal Control, and Cash.
6. Receivables and Inventories.
7. Fixed Assets and Intangible Assets.
8. Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity.
9. Financial Statement Analysis.
10. Accounting Systems for Manufacturing Businesses.
11. Cost Behavior and Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis.
12. Differential Analysis and Product Pricing.
13. Budgeting and Standard Cost Systems.
14. Performance Evaluation for Decentralized Operations.
15. Capital Investment Analysis.
Appendix A: Double-Entry Accounting Systems.
Appendix B: Process Cost Systems.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, the solutions manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.